Firefox dying?

JIMSWAR

TS Rookie
Not a tech. FF was free and decent. Last several versions if I didn't update, repeated, annoying reminders that got worse and larger and harder to remove as I blocked them. Now on FF 71 I find out I have to 'reload' flash every time I play certain games, that FF removed the 'always activate' option. I would use an older FF version but then here come the interuptive reminders. Never tried Chrome and IE used to be a joke. Might be time to try something else. BTW, I'm a huge W7 fan, W10 as I understand it requires promises to MS to allow them to keep their hands in my computer. UBUNTU scared me when I tried it years ago and I have no use for Apple. Sad that was once a great, free, hassle free internet has become a cesspool of greed and a line of arrogant egomaniacs trying to control every aspect of it. If I wanted that crap I'd follow the news, people, and politics. Glad I'm 65. CIAO!

learninmypc

TS Evangelist
Not a tech. FF was free and decent. Last several versions if I didn't update, repeated, annoying reminders that got worse and larger and harder to remove as I blocked them. Now on FF 71 I find out I have to 'reload' flash every time I play certain games, that FF removed the 'always activate' option. I would use an older FF version but then here come the interuptive reminders. Never tried Chrome and IE used to be a joke. Might be time to try something else. BTW, I'm a huge W7 fan, W10 as I understand it requires promises to MS to allow them to keep their hands in my computer. UBUNTU scared me when I tried it years ago and I have no use for Apple. Sad that was once a great, free, hassle free internet has become a cesspool of greed and a line of arrogant egomaniacs trying to control every aspect of it. If I wanted that crap I'd follow the news, people, and politics. Glad I'm 65. CIAO!
I use both google chrome & ff & also play 2 games using flash which I have no issue with reloading from game to game, https://www.webpacman.com/mspacman.php
& https://n-blox.com/ . 99% of the time I'm using GC. I'm using W10. Good luck

jobeard

TS Ambassador
FLASH is always an issue, as it is no longer supported -- the web has gone on to HTML5

Last edited:
Reactions: Route44

moon982

TS Enthusiast
I don't use Firefox these days much because Firefox like most browser these days use up all my RAM whe you have some tabs open almost 4 GB of RAM is used these days.

I mostly use Linux light browsers made for Linux works on Windows too where I can have 8 tabs open and use only 30% of my 4 GB of RAM. Well most web sites will display okay the odd web sites the layout will be all mess up because the browser is updated by small less than 1% market share used.

COLLINSR

TS Rookie
I switched to Chrome two years ago due to the extensions error. Some of the most important extensions are not available on Firefox.

jobeard

TS Ambassador
Remove all extensions and plugins and FF runs nicely. I use FF 71.0 as my primary daily and frequently run to 4-5 tabs.