Firefox flagging login as insecure

I'm still using Firefox 50.1 at the moment, so no popup for me yet. However the information icon next to the address shows that Techspot is an insecure link. I tried a few things and couldn't get the status to change, so I don't know. You would think a private browsing session would do the trick, but that is a big no it doesn't.

It cost money to get a SSL Certificate so as to enable HTTPS - - your choices are:
  1. ignore the issue and continue
  2. panic and abandon access
  3. contribute $$$ for the certificate purchase
ps: I am not on staff @ TS; just my opinion

It cost money to get a SSL Certificate so as to enable HTTPS - - your choices are:
  1. ignore the issue and continue
  2. panic and abandon access
  3. contribute $$$ for the certificate purchase
ps: I am not on staff @ TS; just my opinion
All the other tech sites/forums I use are secure, they all managed to get an SSL certificate without any trouble. With the amount of sites getting hacked these days I would of though HTTPS was a must.

Chrome and Firefox started to flag non-HTTPS sites recently, we have even reported on it :)

You may notice a wide majority of information sites you browse today are still not HTTPS, but everyone is rushing to at least make login interfaces HTTPS, and for good reason. All critical logins (banking, e-commerce, email, etc) should always be secure. I could argue making a tech community's login secure is not as important, but honestly it's a step in the right direction.

We are in the process of moving the whole site to HTTPS, we do have a certificate already, but there are some issues that we must iron out in our backend before proceeding with the change. I hope this change will take place in a few weeks.

Lately I've gone to sign in here and the Firefox browser displays a warning that the connection is insecure and not recommended.

Well, it's not a bank or anything and I signed in anyway. Still, it's daunting. And maybe a little unbecoming of a tech site. I don't know what it involves to make a site secure. Is it worth it to you?

Seems this section for mobile is responsible for the black and white bars

<div id="MobileMenu"><a id="c-button--push-left" class="c-button">
<svg id="Stripes" class="" version="1.1" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" x="0px" y="0px" viewBox="0 0 50 50" xml:space="preserve">
<rect class="a" width="50" height="7"></rect>
<rect class="b" y="20" width="50" height="7"></rect>
<rect class="c" y="40" width="50" height="7"></rect>
</svg></a>
</div>

Strangely enough works on Chrome on Android, both mobile and desktop pages.
Safari on iOS has a different variation of the black bars theme problem.

Unforeseen issue when we moved to a new CDN this morning, it should all be working smoothly now.

Have no idea to what you are referring to:: TS is still not accessible via HTTPS://

Back