Firefox won't save homepage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really have any problems with Firefox other than when I select a URL to come up as my starting homepage it won't save it. I click on the tools icon and select "current" and it will load the page I've selected for the day as long as I don't shut my computer down. Once I shut my computer down and restart Firefox it goes back to the old starting homepage. I've tried to reinstall it and it does the same thing. Anyone else have this problem or know how to solve it ?

Thanks

No using my home computer. Everything works perfectly on Firefox other than not being able to save my choice of starting homepage. It keeps using one that I liked months ago and don't go to anymore. I upgraded Firefox and installed version 2.0.0.9 just this weekend and it still does the same thing. I was hoping the new install would solve it.

Hi,

You can do a full uninstall then reinstall or you can try Firefox Safe Mode.

- To do a full uninstall,first save your bookmarks - Bookmarks/Organize/File/Export (to desktop)

then uninstall from the Add/Remove in the control panel,then delete your profile folder

C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\

- To try Firefox Safe Mode see HERE

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I followed the advice and uninstalled Firefox and then deleted my profile. That seemed to do the trick.

Thanks

Well.. this seemed to work for a couple of days after I uninstalled Firefox and then deleted my profile folder. Firefox would boot up and go to the homepage of my choice "my local weather" But once Firefox automatically upgrades itself for some reason, it is pulling an old file up that has a homepage on it that I don't want and I haven't visited in months. I can still set my preferences to go to the homepage I want "the weather for my area" and it will work until I shut my computer off and reboot it. Then the same old thing happens. Firefox loads up an old file from somewhere telling it to go to an old obscure homepage ? Any one have any other ideas how to fix this ? It worked just fine for a day or two until Firefox upgraded itself. Now I'm back to square one with my original problem.

I had the same problem today and then remembered that I had Dell Quicksets enabled. This allows me to set up all my connections depending on where I am and it quite useful. (But not all the functions work)

Even though I did not have anything in the homepage setting it seems that it was defaulting my Firefox setting to the default Firefox homepage.

I simply put in the home pages I needed separated by | and saved the profile and found that FireFox now uses these settings.

Maybe you have something similar installed on your computer.

Uhh you maybe lost your admin privileges to access the program files at some point ..try reinstalling it to another folder, like on your desktop.
I dont think youwould have to un install...

"But once Firefox automatically upgrades itself for some reason, it is pulling an old file up that has a homepage on it that I don't want and I haven't visited in months."

You have choices on how this will be done:
Tools> Options> Advanced>> 'automatically check for update' can be checked.
When updates are found>> choices are: 1. Ask or 2. Automatically download

Once you have made the selection, close. Mine is set to 'automatically check for updates' and 'automatically download'- BUT

The updates do not get installed until Firefox is closed and reopened. At that time, you do get a Firefox page, advising you that the browser has been updated. This is NOT replacing your home page- it's for information only and all you have to do is close the page. You homepage will not be affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back