First time BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phacoid

Right, I may have jinxed my computer by telling someone I've never before had a BSOD with my current pc (I really haven't, well not until just now). I just played a game and quit the game upon which my computer crashed. Ofcourse as this was the first time ever it happened I'm curious as to what it is.

Specs:
Intel C2D E6600
2x1GB Gskill DDR2-677
Gigabyte P965-DS3 rev3.3
Windows Vista64 Ultimate

Minidump: http://www.substruction.com/dump/minidump_pc01.rar

Also my old machine (which is being used by other family members) does nothing else but BSOD. I told them I'd fix it so here we are.

Specs:
AMD Athlon64 3500+
Asus A8N-E
2x512GB DDR Kingston Valueram
Windows Vista64 Ultimate

Minidumps: http://www.substruction.com/dump/minidumps_pc02.rar

I've tried to find a solution through Vista but it seems to be as useful as dogpoo in a bag..

1. I strongly suugest reading the sticky entitled "Before posting your minidumps..." by Julio and follow the advice.

2. Is there anyway you could just post your dumps via attachment here? I don't know how many people here can open .rar files.

* By the way, both those systems are very nice.

They exceed the sizelimit to be posted as an attachment.

I've gone through a lot to try and fix the problem on the second system, ran memtest, did a format, tried different drivers, etc.

Your first two minidumps cite memory corruption. The remaining three cite core Windows drivers which is too general for a definitive answer but the bug codes also support memory corruption.

* Keep in mind bad RAM can "pass" MemTest.

* Also, your issue may be memory management. One of your errors was 0x1: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

This memory management error is usually hardware related. From auhma.org --

1. Examine the “System” and “Application” logs in Event Viewer for other recent errors that might give further clues. To do this, launch EventVwr.msc from a Run box; or open “Administrative Tools” in the Control Panel then launch Event Viewer.

2. If you’ve recently added new hardware, remove it and retest.

3. Run hardware diagnostics supplied by the manufacturer.

4. Make sure device drivers and system BIOS are up-to-date.

5. However, if you’ve installed new drivers just before the problem appeared, try rolling them back to the older ones.

6. Open the box and make sure all hardware is correctly installed, well seated, and solidly connected.

7. Confirm that all of your hardware is on the Hardware Compatibility List. If some of it isn’t, then pay particular attention to the non-HCL hardware in your troubleshooting.

8. Check for viruses.

9. Investigate recently added software.

10. Examine (and try disabling) BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

Ok thanks. Did you have a look at the first zipfile aswell?

The memory could be bad, no reason not to swap it. I'm pretty sure the Kingston memory came with lifetime insurance. Perhaps it'll work if I put them into other slots.

About the drivers, I was already suspecting bad audiodrivers. I've tried several versions but none of them would solve the problem.

That minidump (which I just read) is 0x10E: VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL

This indicates that the video memory manager has encountered a condition that it is unable to recover from.

It cites the Windows driver dxgkrnl.sys which is Direct X Graphics Kernel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back