Fix this burned element on a monitor's board?

toooooot

Helow fellas, I know some of you have years of experience working with all types of computer equipment? Does anyone have an idea how to fix this one burned element in a monitor?
I felt a smell of burned electronics. That was the last time my monitor produced a picture. It turns on but the screen is dark.
I am planning to simply short this element with a graphene pencil if I don't hear a from you because there is nothing else I know to do here. Also I checked ebay and I seem to found a lot of exact monitor panels selling alone. I wonder if they produced a lot of these monitors with exactly the same motherboard and they all failed...I never found anything resembling a motherboard for this monitor or a universal board to shove inside my broken monitor.
This monitor cost me 300 dollars and only worked for 2 years. I would love to have a chance to fix it.

i8jMqcn.jpg

That looks to be a small surface mount transistor. They are not easy but can be replaced. Unfortunately the numbers on it are burned off. There is no way to cross reference a part from this image. Try to find a schematic or another image that clearly states which transistor is used. However if you are not very good with a soldering iron, don't bother trying the repair.

Just to be clear. You may only see one component damaged. But there can be others as well. There could be other components that cause the transistor to burn. Or the burnt transistor could have taken out other components with it.

If you are not an electronics technician all you can do is replace visual damage. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. Even if you are a technician and can find the whole board. I think that would be the best option to take. Researching and servicing can be very time consuming.

- - - - CAUTION - - - -
I should add shorting a transistor with a graphene pencil will certainly damage other components.

Last edited:
That looks to be a small surface mount transistor. They are not easy but can be replaced. Unfortunately the numbers on it are burned off. There is no way to cross reference a part from this image. Try to find a schematic or another image that clearly states which transistor is used. However if you are not very good with a soldering iron, don't bother trying the repair.

Just to be clear. You may only see one component damaged. But there can be others as well. There could be other components that cause the transistor to burn. Or the burnt transistor could have taken out other components with it.

If you are not an electronics technician all you can do is replace visual damage. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. Even if you are a technician and can find the whole board. I think that would be the best option to take. Researching and servicing can be very time consuming.

- - - - CAUTION - - - -
I should add shorting a transistor with a graphene pencil will certainly damage other components.
Thanks man!
I still have the monitor lying around. I bought a new one but having the old one fixed would be amazing because it is a good midle-end monitor.
If I manage to make it work again, I will post it here.

Back