Fixed one problem and computer won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had BSOD bad_pool_header problem i took it to the computer shop he said my harddrive is F**KED so i bought a new 500 gb hardrive and installed it and tryed to install windows 7. Then i got BSOD again saying IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL AND PAGE_ something so i looked through techspot forums and solved the problem. i took one Ram stick out and it worked and i installed windows and then i wanted to see if my ram was dead so i took out the working one and put the ram that i took out into that slot and i turned on my computer and it wouldnt pass the first bit when u start ur computer up.. the black screen with white writing where it says del for blah blah F8 for blah blah... so i took the ram out put the other one in and when i push the on and in the first 3 seconds it seems like its going running fine then wierd noise then it restarts and the screen is always blank...

Specs are..
intel core 2 duo e8200 2.66ghz
gforce 8600
2 gig ram (samsung)
500 gb ram(seagate or something like that)

i bought it from the internet like 1 and a half years ago i had a samsung 250 gb harddrive

If it works fine with one Ram and fails with the other one, then Logic says that that ram is faulty.
if your working ram works fine in all the slots then this confirms that you have a faulty module.

memtest ur memory sticks,did you try to put in diff slot..maybe you have a faulty module

If it worked with the good stick then didn't work with the good stick after trying the bad stick, it's possible the bad stick trying to run the system on its own corrupted the BIOS. Try resetting it. Then again it could just be the double whammy and not related to the RAM at all. Check you didn't unseat the CPU cooler or unplug the cooler fan when you were removing and adding the RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back