Flash drive problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultiweap

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with my SanDisk Flash Drive. I got it when I bought my PC but when I plug it it states me only 8MB when it is stated on the pen drive that it is 1GB. I check with Acronis Disk Director and it detect only 8MB and same with Windows Disk Management.

What can be the problem? How could I repair it and restore the 1GB storage?
Thanks in advance.

Format the drive using FAT32.
If that will not format, go to the SanDisk site and download their repair utilities software.

Yes it won'r format at all. I get the message "Windows was unable to format the drive"

Ok I will try to download both program a test them. Will keep you inform.

Thanks you two.

SanDisk flash drives have an incredibly high failure rate, but a good replacement policy.

I would get on the phone and talk to their tech support folks now that you have tried everything possible to get it working...
SanDisk has been superb at replacing defective flash drives for many of our clients. Most of them didn't even have to produce a receipt, but the digits on the back of the drive tells them how old it is.
In the meantime, you can get the excellent and reliable Patriot Xporter 8 gb, or Corsair Voyager 8 GB with a 10 year warranty for $15... at Directron or elsewhere, and they will not misbehave like a SanDisk
Good Luck.
Please let us know how it all turns out if you do call or email SanDisk.

Try to refund it or ask for a replacement from sandisk, usually, sandisk flash drives are among the best of the unreliable.
Then again, they may just ask you to buy another one.

I would disagree. We find, for our clients, that SanDisk flash drives are among the least reliable... though there are worse.
SanDisk has always replaced drives about which we complained, or were sent in by our clients... but they do code them so they know how old they are.
Next time consider Patriot Xporter, or Lexar Media, Lexar/Crucial, Corsair Flash Voyager, Red Kanguru, Kanguru, Iron Key... (we have no affiliations with any of these... just our experience, and client reports)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back