Floppy disk error (40), CMOS has changed and there's a change in time, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello, im encountering a lot of problems with my pc since last month. my pc was always slow and hanging, i guess it was because of a virus that it also affected the system folder. and so i decided to format my hard disk and install new OS, but while installing i encountered lots of errors and so i always try to install it again, but still it cant finish the installation, i check my hard disk but it seems ok, i try to remove the memory, drives etc. and then put it back, when i opened my pc this "floppy disk error(40)" came out on the screen just as before it boot from else where. i tried to remove the floppy itself and the IDE cables thats connected to the floppy, but it still there. i removed the cmos battery and bring it back, but the problem is still the same. and now, its not only the floppy disk error but also this, "theres a change in CMOS.. blah blah blah! " i cant boot from anywhere since then even if its from CD, HARDDISK, i cant even go to the BIOS and anywhere else. its all stuck up there. i cant control anything, even if i press F8, F9, F10, DEL or even ESC.
i also tried to reset the BIOS and another problem just occured. now there are three problems that being showed when i open my pc. and nothing else. what will i do? i cant even fix my OS. i dont know where is really the problem. is it in the mother board already? power supply? please help me, this is the first time i encountered this kind of problems.
my pc is PIV and its been with me for about 5 years, and now i dont know if im about to trash it and buy a new set. waahh! who can help me??

Are you certain it is not just a failure of the floppy drive media... that stuff goes old and brittle, and will not hold data, or read right.
But you likely have a hard drive failing... five years on one drive is a very long time. The symptoms you describe could be exactly that.

i forgot to mention that i already bought a new harddrive it seems ok at first but then it was what happened and so i tried the old one but its still the same. i also had those hard disk checked with some technical support in our office and it seems ok. so i think its not the problem. whew! ive been fixing it for a very long time but still nothing happens and i dont knwo what to do any more. cant access even the BIOS.though i already reset it.

Hi
Try to replace the BIOS battery with a new one...

Setup the BIOS manually with the minimum requirements for the system to run...

Also some specs on your system will help... Motherboard model, memory, VGA etc...

cheers

ok then.. ill try that! thankyou! =) im not yet sure about mu pc's model ive got to take a look first. thanks again! godbless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back