Folders and files are given the wrong creation date on a mapped network drive

technoheckno

Hi,
I wonder if anyone has a clue as to what might be causing this. When I create a folder or file on a mapped network drive it is given the wrong creation date. It must have begun happening sometime this year as it used to be OK. Folders and files created on any other drive are given the correct date.
This is on an desktop machine running Windows 10 pr( see attached)
Thanks
Al

Attachments

• system1.JPG
    system1.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 3
I am having somewhat similar problem, but when I copy a directory of files from my hard drive to a network drive the directory and subdirectory are given old creation dates (circa 2013) whereas the files themselves retain their actual creation dates (circa 2022). I had the same problem last year and stumbled on a fix that entailed adding a line to the registry to allocate memory for something. The fix worked, but the problem has recurred very recently.

If these are image files, the camera's metadata may not have been stripped on its original creation or import date.

If there not image files, sorry, can't help ya.

FWIW, I don't think this is actually an issue. Windows is maintaining the original folder/file creation date, as it should. The only actual "new folder", is the one at the top of the file tree.

Last edited:
The network drive was a Seagate PerdonalCloud. The problem was fixed by turning the power off to the drive and turning it on again later. Somehow the drive had lost its date.

The network drive was a Seagate PerdonalCloud. The problem was fixed by turning the power off to the drive and turning it on again later. Somehow the drive had lost its date.
It's amazing how many issues an on/off or reboot cycle can cure.

That notwithstanding, it's nice to see someone with the same typing issues I have. confusing D for S, D for F, and so forth. I think you meant, "Seagate Personal Cloud",

And.....a dozen or so corrections later, I have a coherent post. (In fairness though, I am a bit stoned and drunk).

Happy motoring...! (y) (Y)

Back