Followed all the steps - slow as a tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

corrie831

I am using a Dell Inspiron 6000 that has been running very slowly for a while. I followed all the steps and it seems to have helped, but my computer is still extremely slow and I could really use some help. Log files are attached. Thanks in advance!

Java update problem

Thank you - I've been following all the steps but when it comes time to update my Java, it gives me a message saying the system administrator has set policies to prevent the installation. I'm not sure how to override this. Can you help?

I tried running as administrator and still got an error message when trying to update Java. Specifically, this is what the message says:

Error - Java(TM) Update
Unable to launch the Java(TM) Update installer: This installation is forbidden by system policy. Contact your system administrator.

Could this have anything to do with Step 1 (Temporarily Disable Real Time Monitoring Programs)?

Should I just run HJT again ignoring the Java update, and post that log along with the Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware logs?

Thanks for your help!

http://downloads.malwareremoval.com/BillCastner/FixPolicies.exe

FixPolicies will:

Repairs policy entries made by malware that block access to Regedit, Control Panel, .etc
Resets defaults for System Restore, Windows Updates, re-enables AutoRun
Fixes missing folder options (right-click menus), and registry Run keys

Download it to Desktop

Double Click to install (just creates an unzipped new folder "FixPolicies")
Open the FixPolicies folder (created on Desktop)
Double click on Fix_Policies.cmd
Restart your computer

Test your Java update again.

Your Malwarebytes log states: No action taken on found problems

You will need to re-run Malwarebytes
But this time following the guide precisely
I have colored in Red the part you missed

Step 4

mbamicontw5.gif
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

• Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from from Here or Here
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please attach this log with your reply
    • If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this:
    • C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt

Once complete, do another HJT log and re-attach them all again

Sorry, I had attached the wrong mbam log without realizing. All items found yesterday on the scan were quarantined and deleted. I am also attaching the scan log I just did, which indicated that nothing had been found. Fresh HJT log also attached. The SuperAntiSpyware log is above in one of my previous posts (the uploader won't let me attach it again) Thanks!

I noticed that you have SiteAdvisor Browser Plugin.
C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6009\SiteAdv.exe
Presently TechSpot is not showing on one of the Site Advisors (actually not sure why?, I have emailed them though) But anyway do you require this plugin? You may want to run an IE Reset, before following this proceedure: How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES
Which will help in other areas below, as well.

Your Java version is old
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
You stated above that running "Fix Policies" worked ("thanks worked") can you please go here and try the update again: http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp?detect=jre&try=1
Note: This is only AFTER the IE Reset.

You have RegistryBooster installed
C:\Program Files\Uniblue\RegistryBooster\RegistryBooster.exe
Even though these programs claim to help your system, without a good knowledge of your registry and the runnings of it; this type of program can do more dammage than good (your choice to keep or not)

Can you advise me which Antiirus you are using?
Because I see two running!
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
I also see a few other monitoring programs:
SUPERAntiSpyware
Microsoft AntiSpyware
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (although I understand why this one is installed)
SUPERAntiSpyware
Ad-Aware Service

It might be best to Un-install all of them! Including the AntiVirus softwares
Is your McAfee AntiVirus close to expiring? If so Un-install it and try Free Antivirus like Avast or Avira

If you do install one of the free AntiVirus softwares, it is advisable to run a full updated scan (due to having so many other Protecting programs before, it may just pick up more issues)

Please do that, and then reply back :)

What you have is Virus that has become administrator.

You will more than likely have to reformat your computer to get rid of it and then reinstall your operating system.
I had a customers with a problem similiar to this and I had to restore it.
Afterwards it ran great.
It had deleted the recovery system so I restored the windows files and then run recovery and brought it back to just like new and keep his files too.
Good Luck.

You know, you could buy a cheap drive compatible with your comp, unplug your present problem drive, do a Fresh Clean Untainted Virgin Pure install of your OS, then later, after all is said and done, slave that infected pos and get anything of value off of it and then do a KillDisk on it.

I am truly amazed that people spend days on trying to fix a thing that isn't worth fixing.

Ya know?

You know the second drive is really a time saver.

You can do the second drive thing so easy and once setup just like you want it.
Just make sure the second drive is the same size as the first.
Then use a clone software to completely put a brand new clone onto your other drive after a good format or a low level format of the old drive.
Such a time saver to have a backup waiting just incase you need it.
We all know how computers are these days. Backups are a must.
Best of Luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back