Format hidden disk drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got this disk drive in a mail advertisement that when u insert it it opens up a website but it is hidden in my computer. how would i go about formatting/finding this drive for my own use?

How did they put it on your computer in the first place... if it was a software install... whew!

What is the brand, model, age, and configuration of your computer... and how did you obtain this device or software?

How did they put it on your computer in the first place... if it was a software install... whew!

What is the brand, model, age, and configuration of your computer... and how did you obtain this device or software?

what? i got the mail today and in it was an advertisement for some medicine and had a usb disk drive in it to send u to the website. i plugged the disk drive into my computer and the website popped up (like it should)

what im asking is can i format this usb drive for personal use because i cant find it in my computer or disk management

what? i got the mail today and in it was an advertisement for some medicine and had a usb disk drive in it to send u to the website. i plugged the disk drive into my computer and the website popped up (like it should)

what im asking is can i format this usb drive for personal use because i cant find it in my computer or disk management
Yikes!!

You actually inserted a USB flash drive you received from an unknown source in the mail into your computer (and they claim to be selling medicine, no less?). NEVER plug in a USB flash drive from an unknown source.

To me, it sounds much more like a scam to load something onto your computer. Virus or spyware to steal information. I'd suggest you immediately disconnect from online. Monitor all your personal accounts and logons (e.g. all account userid / passwords saved on your computer). Then A/V and Spyware scan the heck out of everything on your computer ASAP to be careful

calm down geez its from a major company called lap-band not an "unknown source" and why would in their advertisement scheme of a usb drive put a virus in it. just tell me how to format it

I knew intel gave out USB drives (usually good brands Kingston/Corsair) here through some kinda polling to people who bought their processors but this is new ....... and DANGEROUS

How many drives do you have?
If you have a single internal drive and an optical drive, the next would be E:.
In Dos:
cd E: (enter) This will verify the existence of E:)
dir (enter) This should list the files on the drive.

I've gotten similar USB flash drives promoting Ask.com but they showed up in My Computer and I could explore them and delete the files. They are about 1/2 GB each and they work just like any other flash drive once I deleted the files they came with. I didn't have to format them.

I don't know why yours wouldn't show up in My Computer.

I've gotten similar USB flash drives promoting Ask.com but they showed up in My Computer and I could explore them and delete the files. They are about 1/2 GB each and they work just like any other flash drive once I deleted the files they came with. I didn't have to format them.

I don't know why yours wouldn't show up in My Computer.

Hmm.... well, i'd never heard of usb drives showing up in the mail before (and i'd still be leery if they do) but since mailpup indicates to have received them as well.. i'll offer an assist

There are several reasons a USB flash drive may connect but not show up in My Computer including
> Drive letter conflicts
> Corrupt disk filter drivers
> Windows registry (i.e. Windows' drive letters can be prevented from appearing via the registry settings)

Drive letter conflict problems are most common. See this post for [post=727106]How to use the DriveCleanupTool[/post]. This'll fix the problem (if due to drive letter conflict)

Hmm.... well, i'd never heard of usb drives showing up in the mail before (and i'd still be leery if they do) but since mailpup indicates to have received them as well.. i'll offer an assist

There are several reasons a USB flash drive may connect but not show up in My Computer including
> Drive letter conflicts
> Corrupt disk filter drivers
> Windows registry (i.e. Windows' drive letters can be prevented from appearing via the registry settings)

Drive letter conflict problems are most common. See this post for [post=727106]How to use the DriveCleanupTool[/post]. This'll fix the problem (if due to drive letter conflict)

its not my computer its perfectly clean i even tried on my other pc and my other mac but no luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back