Freezing after see the background

neowing

Hello ? Recently my computer is trying to disobey my wish....

The problem was,
1) I turned on the computer

Sometimes
1) Freezing when I see Win7 Log.
2) Freezing when safely skip log but stopped in the background.

When that happened my "Power Supply" suddenly speed up: It is trying to "KaBrrrrrr !!!" sound.
I turned off computer immediatly. - this happened randomly.

I am using this problematic computer to write Thread.
I do not know when it will happen again.

Hey neowig. You might have trouble getting help without more information. Try being more detailed and descriptive, and listing any error messages, and the information about your computer.

Hey neowig. You might have trouble getting help without more information. Try being more detailed and descriptive, and listing any error messages, and the information about your computer.

Sorry for late replying: I wrote wrong infomation. It's not Win8, it is Win7.

My System information is following:

Win7 Ulti.
i5- 2500k 3.3Ghz
8GB Memory with ASRock P67 Extrem4

Several Freezing, I cannot get any Error Messages because after showing background of desktop,
I cannot move Mouse or Keyboard.

Also, I tried to find Minidump in Windows folder but it only showed "3/31, 3/18"

2 days ago,
I got many freezing, so I manualy turned off computer.
When I turned on computer, it automatically start DiskFragment: Not sure the name
but it had 3 step of checking.

In the one of the 3 step, It mentioned Anti-Virus something dot....

After that

I change the Anti-Virus Program [2 different-Foregin Anti]
When I finally decided to using different AVProgram,
I used CCleaner to clean the registry.

Lastly I upgrade Motherboard's Bios.
As well as Graphic Driver

That day from now, I still get freezing.

Do you think it's the problem with PSU ?

Probably not a problem with the power supply.

The scan was probably a diskcheck scan, not a defrag. It's possible your hard drive could be going bad. How old is it?

Also, do virus scans, I will recommend without knowing more information: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Spybot Search & Destroy, along with your choice antivirus (I can recommend a free one, Microsoft Security Essentials) Do all these scans, maybe even at the same time if you wish. I usually do myself, and have minor conflicts during scanning.

Try uninstalling unnecessary applications. If you cannot keep the computer on long enough first try typing "msconfig" into the start menu search bar, then look for the "Startup" tab look through this list and uncheck anything you know that you dont need to start up automatically, you can try unchecking all of them, but not always recommended.

These are what I can advise for now. If you have questions on anything I recommended to you, I can provide details.

HardDrive is 3 years old: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 16MV Internal Kit 7200.

I'll try Virus scan with 4 step tommorow.
Thank you for trying to help me.

I came back...with the worst situation.
Today I was trying to turn on the computer but computer did not start.
I should started 4 steps yesterday but I failed due to my silance...

how it happened:
1) Turned on computer: it run properly.
2) After Seeing background, it crash and showed Bluse Screen.
3) It tried "Minidump" after that...
4) 5 Hours of turn on/off situation.: it mean PSU work but turn on/off freely in 30 sec.

when I turned on computer PSU work properly like "Wummmm !!!!" like man stand still...

Do you think this is 100% HardDrive fault ?

Right now, I am using the oldest computer to write post...

Neowing, three ways that you can test.

1. When you are starting up your computer hit F8 during bootup screen, keep tapping it.
Then you should be able to find an option "Run in safe mode with command prompt" and you can run the chkdsk command to check the hard drive for errors.

2. http://www.ubuntu.com/download/help/try-ubuntu-before-you-install
This will teach you how to make a boot-up disc to run an OS from DVD drive or USB device. If the system runs fine then it could be your harddrive.

3. (similar to #1) Another troubleshooting method, if you take the hard drive out, and put it in your other computer. You can check the disk for errors using a command prompt and chkdsk command.

Let me know if you need more details on how to do either one of these methods.

Right now,I change the problem harddrive into the old computer.

It said...
Tri master hard disk: s.m.a.r.t. status bad, backup and Replace......

Harddrive need change...right ?

I want to add more information.

After the old computer with my problematic harddrive,
I bought New Harddrive.

I put the New harddrive into the computer that was in the problematic harddrive...
It still have turn on/off in 30sec automatic mode, again.

I am worrying that if my mainboard is the cause...
or Every hardware is broke...[ I don't want to think... ]

Is there way to diagonosis the mainboard ?

My mainboard is "ASRock P67 Extreme4"

Right now,I change the problem harddrive into the old computer.

It said...
Tri master hard disk: s.m.a.r.t. status bad, backup and Replace......

Harddrive need change...right ?

Yes, a hard drive that fails SMART status is bad and it will need to be replaced

If you put a *brand-new* hard drive in the computer, and it still gives you the same problems. Try the Linux boot-up disc that I told you about. If it still shuts down with a Linux operating system, it could be the main motherboard. We aren't certain yet, but we do know that if a hard drive fails the SMART test, then it is failing, or has already failed. It could be possible to retrieve your data if you are careful, and if you put it in an external hard drive enclosure that attaches through USB or similar connection (fire wire). I cannot guarantee that will work for you though.

I tried opened the case and looked carefully and there are no burned hardware.
There are dust so, I cleaned inside with air spray...then I removed every hardware.
Lastly, I put them back.

And turned on the computer.

Somehow, my computer work properly...
I transfered the problematic harddrive's data to the New Harddrive.

Thank you for helping me to find the problem.

Good. I have been there before! Sometimes a teardown and cleanup is all they need. If your motherboard is about 5 years or older you may want to take a look at the capacitor caps. Somethings if they are bulging this is enough to give you problems like you are describing. But I am happy to hear you seem to have it fixed. Until next time!

Back