Fullscreen video problems on laptop

samz2010

So the problem is on my laptop, When I view videos on youtube it's fine untill i switch to fullscreen. My mouse will be unaccurate and i will have to place it to the left of the button i wish to press; there is also a line usually down the right side of the screen asif the video has been pushed to the left and my mouse doesn't know this.

I tried finding solutions on the internet but couldn't find any, I found one which was to disable Hardware acceleration in flash and it fixed it, but then I downloaded a video in Itunes and bam the problem reoccured. I can't download videos drivers because i'm unsure which to download and when I went onto the AMD site i got an erorr message saying contact your dealer as it's not compatible.

My graphics card is "AMD Radeon HD 6630M" This is laptop by the way.

thanks.

So the problem is on my laptop, When I view videos on youtube it's fine untill i switch to fullscreen. My mouse will be unaccurate and i will have to place it to the left of the button i wish to press; there is also a line usually down the right side of the screen asif the video has been pushed to the left and my mouse doesn't know this.

I tried finding solutions on the internet but couldn't find any, I found one which was to disable Hardware acceleration in flash and it fixed it, but then I downloaded a video in Itunes and bam the problem reoccured. I can't download videos drivers because i'm unsure which to download and when I went onto the AMD site i got an erorr message saying contact your dealer as it's not compatible.

My graphics card is "AMD Radeon HD 6630M" This is laptop by the way.

thanks.

When you're in full screen, have you tried putting your mouse cursor to the right verticle line till it turns into a double arrow <---> & gently drag it to the side? HTH:)

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-6630M.43963.0.html

Sounds like an updated version of what I have in my laptop (5650). I'm pretty sure I just have the standard Catalyst driver package installed for it.

If I follow the instructions at www.amd.com and look for graphic drivers for "Radeon HD 6xxxM" series for Notebooks running Win 7 64bit I get directed to http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx#1

Suggest trying the latest AMD Catalyst video drivers to see if they fix the problem.

Updated my drivers still getting the issue, it's so frustrating lol; if i turn hardware acceleration off in flash it fixes it but when i turn it back on it comes back. its like the whole video in full screen is shifted a cm to the left but my mouse doesn't realise so when i'm on youtube if i hover my mouse over the Exit full screen button in the bottom left it will actually click the video definition settings.

Updated my drivers still getting the issue, it's so frustrating lol; if i turn hardware acceleration off in flash it fixes it but when i turn it back on it comes back. its like the whole video in full screen is shifted a cm to the left but my mouse doesn't realise so when i'm on youtube if i hover my mouse over the Exit full screen button in the bottom left it will actually click the video definition settings.

I'll have a play with hardware acceleration setting for flash on my laptop when I get home from work. Not sure if I have it on or off.
Give us details of the laptop make and model so we can search the web for relevant information regarding your problem.

Just tried it on a netbook with AMD E-350 with integrated HD 6310. Turning on and off the hardware acceleration option didn't cause any issue on it. Have you tried completely uninstalling Flash Player from your machine and reinstalling it?

Edit : hmm just noticed but then I "downloaded a video in Itunes and bam the problem reoccured". Which "hardware acceleration" setting were you talking about? I was just playing with the one in Flash settings.

" If I hover my mouse over the Exit full screen in the bottom left"

Whenever I play videos in Fullscreen on youtube it always tells me to use ESC to exit full screen. Can you post a screenshot?

The hardware acceleration settings I was on about was in Flash, Arris. Although it does fix the problem for browser videos such as youtube it won't fix it for Itunes so it must be another setting completely.

Learninmypc, what I meant was my mouse clicks incorrectly if i have my mouse over the timeline and point it to 5 minutes for example it will select 4:50, basically my mouse clicks to the left. here is a screenshot my mouse is where the red square is and the arrow is where it will select if i click my mouse button, also notice the black line down the side?

Edit: image got cut ; http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/3839/laptopissue.png

Tried this on my laptop and couldn't reproduce the problem. Could you let us know the exact model and make of laptop and we can search for information.

me too!!

I am having the same exact issues with my HP pavilion dv6, core i5 2410m, 6GB@ 1333, 1GB Radeon 6490m, Windows 7 64bit

interestingly the video is normal when I use windows explorer but not when I use chrome or firefox.

A work-around or 'solution' for some.

I created an account just for this because I had been having some problems with the Radeon graphics HD 6630M. I had the same symptoms as samz2010 (top of thread).

My solution is to switch to the integrated Intel graphics card. When I did this and restarted firefox and chrome fullscreen videos would display properly. To switch to the integrated graphics card for an application, right click on desktop, select 'configure switchable graphics' and then for the application that you had problems with, switch to 'power saving'!

For Firefox, sometimes it is a plugin container.

This has solved my problems but I still don't know why my discrete graphics card wouldn't display fullscreen properly.

Any ideas?

Legend mate! Appreciate you making your account to help me. I went into graphics options like you said and switched plugin-container.exe to power saving and left firefox on high performance and it has fixed my issue.

Back