Fuming over eVGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsfury

My 8800Gtx crapped out so I called EVGA to get a replacement. After 20 tests, a stool sample and a promise to give up my first born child they agreed to replace my card. I shipped my card off to them and about 4 days later I get an email telling me that they will not replace the card because when they looked at my card it had a tiny(i mean tiny) chip at the very edge of the card. They said that this damage is a total loss to the card and they will not replace it. The chip touches nothing, not the circuitry at all and is so smal that you can barely see it. My wife unfortunately did not ensure the shipping of my card so Im **** out of luck. EVGA knew the card was bad, IE the RMA they gave me before i shipped it off. Anyone else have the crappy customer support from them or am I one of the goats running out to slaughter?

When I RMA'd my video card EVGA responded very quickly. They gave me an RMA number just a few hours after I requested an RMA, and I got my new card just under two weeks after I shipped it to them. My card did not have any damage like a chip out of the edge though.

My friend had similar "Customer support" with his DFI mobo, he sent it in with an approved RMA number just to get the exact same board back with no change. Almost as if they looked at it and said "Hmmm we don't know whats wrong with it, lets send it back and hope the customer doesn't notice" Well after 4 hours of testing we didn't successfully post with two CPUs, two GPUs, several RAM configurations and three PSUs (We were very hopeful just to come to the conclusion that they did nothing to fix the problem. RMAs are only helpful if they can fix the problem, if they have no idea whats wrong with your video card, motherboard or whatever, they wont fix it, just send it back claiming to fix it. The only company I have had success with is Asus, I accidentally killed two mobos and RMA'ed them to get brand new ones back. So far my EVGA mobo has been good as well with the rest of my hardware. The odds are in my favor as fare as component failure is concerned. I'm sorry to hear our having such bad luck bud it happens, next time don't buy EVGA, now you know better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back