G.skill PC-8500 DDR-2 1066Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincranky

I just (against my better monetary judgment) ordered a pair of these sticks; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231144
They'll be delivered tomorrow, so I suppose I have my own answer in the morning, but I's like to hear any opinions in the mean time.

The rig in question is a Gigabyte GA EP42-UD3R with an E7300 Wofldale. Currently I have 2GB DDR2 PC6400 800Mhz installed of Kingston Value RAM installed.

Should I prepare to be amazed or meh, maybe just a little bit better. Ring in, don't hold back, Make your IMHO count for something. Annoy me if you must, all responses are welcomed. Scouts honor.

It is doubtful you would even notice the different RAM speed to be honest, i only have fast RAM to make me feel better.

cant refuse that invitation

Im with Kitty, i bet you might see a difference if you did alot of rendering or high test gaming....but if memory serves, your not much of a gamer. you could run the everest read/write/latency test to get the numbers and feel better:D.
but now you have a new problem! you need to do a mod and put a plexi window in to behold them thar beeeee- u- ti- ful blue heat spreaders!

Im with Kitty, i bet you might see a difference if you did alot of rendering or high test gaming....but if memory serves, your not much of a gamer. you could run the everest read/write/latency test to get the numbers and feel better:D.
but now you have a new problem! you need to do a mod and put a plexi window in to behold them thar beeeee- u- ti- ful blue heat spreaders!

Done, the whole dang corn-trap-shun is in a spankin' new Antec 900.

Latency test, um yeah OK :confused::haha:

Well , on a more serious note, yeah right :rolleyes:, the rig gets aboot 1100 FPS with Nero's advanced analysis, @ perhaps 10 to 20 % compression. I'll simply die if I don't get 1300 FPS. Well at least hold my breath for a short while

Nothing, I think I hit the wrong button:confused: I was wondering why I quoted you myself!:eek: He said sheepishly. (Now slightly flustered, he began referring to himself in the third person).

wellllll! i never, I go and try to be helpful...you give your scouts honor....and ya go and hurt my feelings.:(:haha:

Dude, I think you suffering from cold shock, you need to come down Philly way, and bask in our 27 degree heat wave.;)

Please note the this is an effort towards appeasement. I carefully ruled out the more confrontational, "yeah well, my memory's shinier than your memory".

well your mostly right Captian, cabin fever, new son, sick wife, every hour on the hour I have the urge to say something like "meanwhile grandma lays unconscious in a shallow ditch near the edge of town" im just over sensitive :haha: and 27 was the high here in minneapolis today,interestingly enough.:)

.....and no way is your memory shinier than mine

Wow, you're in a heatwave too. We bottomed out at about 8 above last Saturday night, sissy stuff really. Although it took me out of my routine, since it really was too cold to ride my motorcycle, car's at the kids house and all that. As I understand it people up your way took the brunt of the polar wrath, 20 below or so? Wow, that'll freeze your DIMMs off, no matter how shiny

Oh well, Feb 2 is around the corner and Punxsutawney Phil, I'm sure, will have an early Spring outlook. ;) or possibly not;)

yeah, we took the brunt -32 (Fahrenheit ya know) :) colder than a witches thorax one could opt to say. motorcycles are a forgotten concept here till april. we have these things called snowmobiles;)

I stand in awe. I have no idea how one would even go about dressing against cold like that. Coldest here ever was -7F in 1982. I don't even think I've seen it go to 0 F since.
Incidentally, I think -32 F is actually pretty close to -32 Celcius. there should be a goofy crossing point in the two scales, forgot the exact equation though.

To keep the thread on point I gotta say though, tomorrow I get my very shiny, very fast, very blue new RAM.

If I don't notice a speed difference, who cares? I'll just go and reread the reviews at Newegg, about the performance increases that were visited upon the other children who purchased these sticks before me. If it doesn't gell for me, meh, who cares? I'll know I'm just doing something wrong. The shiny blue is the key here! Oooo, shiny! Transfixed, I'll be:haha:

coldest ive felt was 52 below in 1995, could throw a glass of warm water in the air, and it would freeze before it hit the groud.......why do i live here?
anyway, let us know if your shiney blue memory turns your rig into a beast, or just a beatification project:) well have a great night (said the snowbound to the self proclaimed curmudgeon) :D

Hey your right! -33F = -36C (how do you retain all that knowledge?....earplugs? :)

Retention, meh. Just an educated guess and a pair a big brass DIMMs. Oh, and wear a tinfoil hat to stop the cosmic rays from causing me neurons to misfire. Right, like they don't already.

Peace, if you need me for anything, I'll be curled up in the fetal position in front of the kerosene heater, here in balmy 20 F Filadelfia. It's think that's how it's spelled in Spanish. Oh God, it's true, I am a treasure trove of useless information.

There's a "Filadelfia" in Paraguay also, but I had to cheat and google that. Probably pretty warm this time of year. Via condios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back