GA-MA78GM-DS2H BIOS updating

I would choose the most recent but perhaps avoid the Beta as some features may not be included.

Is there a good reason why you want to update the Bios, something not working correctly may be? You might be wise to check for help here first if you are having problems as flashing the Bios has risks attached and may not cure the problem. If everything is working leave it alone.

I want to update, because there are some problems. Sometimes in Firefox 4 or games like Need for Speed World my PC crash and I see "No signal" on my computer screen. I tried to update vga drives, but still nothing.

OK, this sounds like a graphics card problem, what is the make and model number of the card.

If the card has a fan check it is running freely and give it a good blast with a can of compressed air.

Run this to check the stability of the card:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/FurMark-v1.4.0-download-1965.html

That parameter's I should chose?

EDIT:
Also I didn't mentioned that my GPU is ASUS ATI Radeon HD 4850 with 11.3 drivers.

That parameter's I should chose?

I am sorry but I only just found that software myself and have not yet had a chance to familiarise myself with it, is there not any kind of help file with it or on the download site? Try a google for instructions.

EDIT. I just had a very quick look and it states use for ATI Radeon 9600 or higher so may be this will be of little use with your card being a 4850. Could do with some advise from other members that have more experience with graphics cards there may be another tester that is better suited.

I would think with the loss of signal that your card is faulty or overheating. Check the cards fan, as suggested earlier, and clean it with compressed air. You could also remove it from the mobo and clean the contacts with a soft pencil eraser (up and down the contacts not from end to end) then reseat it and test.

The quickest method of proving if the card is faulty is to try and borrow a card from someone else and see if that runs without fault.

Well, so what other program you would recommend for checking my GPU health?
EDIT: In FurMark test with 1680x1050 size, MSAA = 8x I scored about 1050. I don't think that is OK, what shall I do?
EDIT: Ok, thank's again. In case I will wait for your or somebody else tips for me :)

Is these temperatures and Fan speeds OK? Specially "FANPWM2".
temperatures.jpg

That all looks fine and no sign of any overheating but was this taken when the PC was idol, it needs to be done during game use or reboot immediately after signal loss and check then.

The easiest way to see if this card is OK is to fit it in another PC, install the drivers and run the same games, if no errors occur you can rule out the card, obviously if you still loose the signal you can be quite sure it is the card.

Yes the temps and fans look okay... Software hardware monitors are only as good as the motherboard's sensors

Yeh, I ran these monitors on that game and app, and starangly PC didn't crashed. I try to monitor few times more to see if crashes really gone.

I done few tests and saw that my computer crashed in about 75 celsius in GPU. That mean's that my GPU is heating too much, yes?
EDIT: At idle temperature is about 52

Yup, most likely the card is faulty, those temperatures are not too hot for a GPU they normally run hotter than a CPU.

I still say your fastest method to establish if the card is OK or not is to put it in another PC.

Could you recommend more programs, that could check my VGA health or make it all loaded that I could see more temperatures for tests.
EDIT: I done 3DMark06 test and I saw that Red Valley test were failed. What that means?
Results:
82172036.png

Sorry for x2 post, but I got something new.
I used SpeedFan and I wanted to increase fans speed to cool GPU, but it seems SpeedFan doesn't show GPU and change it fan speed:
speedc.png

Also I tried HWMonitorPro. It show's GPU temperature, but it can't change GPU fan speed.
I remember I could have changed fan speeds in Cataclyst Control Center in old version. But now, in 11, I don'd find it.
What shall I do?

Open up the case and run it that way for a while... any more testing the way you have been, is a waste of time at this point

You are not going to make much progress with this unless you try the card in another fully funtional trouble free PC. This is the fastest method to show if the card is faulty or not. Once you know it will run trouble free in another PC then you can look for further issues with your own.

And obviously it the same faults appear you will know for sure that the card needs to be replaced.

Back