Game bits: RoboCop: Rogue City gets delayed, Forspoken sales disappoint, RE4 demo's secret...

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In brief: It's been roughly eight months since we learned that publisher Nacon was working on a new RoboCop game for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series and PC. RoboCop: Rogue City was slated to hit the streets in June 2023 but has since been pushed back to later in the year.

Word of the delay was accompanied by a new gameplay overview trailer that features close to two minutes of footage. Maybe it's just me, but I'm less impressed after watching the new trailer than I was last summer following the reveal video. I can't quite put it into words but something just feels off. On a positive note, they were able to get Peter Weller to do voiceover work, so there's that.

RoboCop: Rogue City is due out in September 2023.

The January launch of Forspoken didn't exactly go as scripted. In an earnings briefing from last month, Square Enix President Yosuke Matsuda said that although they've received positive feedback on some aspects of the game like its parkour and combat systems, sales have been lackluster.

The action RPG currently has a Metacritic score of 63 out of 100 and a lowly 1.8 out of 10 user score. IGN, which gave the game a six out of 10, also spoke of the flashy combat and parkour but said they weren't enough to make up for the cliché story and barebones open world.

As you may have heard, Capcom has released a demo for its upcoming Resident Evil 4 remake. What you may not know, however, is that the demo is apparently hiding a secret ultra-hard mode.

According to GameSpot, unlocking the opportunity to play in Mad Chainsaw Mode comes down to random chance. Selecting "New Game" may or may not make the extra-challenging mode appear. If not, simply restart the game and try again. Eventually, you should see the option appear. There could be other factors that increase your odds of having it show up but they remain unknown at this hour.

EuroGamer notes that Mad Chainsaw Mode is only applied to the current playthrough. Once you die, it's over and you'll need to retrigger the mode to try it again. What's more, the mode is unique to the demo and will not be in the final game.

Permalink to story.

Someone got this idea about creating characters for games that are rude and unlikable. Nobody likes those. Forspoken's heroine is annoying.
It is crazy how many unlikable people are there in games and movies. Someone tell them to stop.
Some say Forespoken was wiped and remade. If this was true, it explains a lot.

Someone got this idea about creating characters for games that are rude and unlikable. Nobody likes those. Forspoken's heroine is annoying.
It is crazy how many unlikable people are there in games and movies. Someone tell them to stop.

I don't know it's some Boomer thing. As long as they're in charge of everything they self insert everywhere.

Forspoken has Denuvo, of course Square Enix is unable to admit that is main reason for low PC sales.

Forspoken has Denuvo, of course Square Enix is unable to admit that is main reason for low PC sales.
Or, PC players (with their greater catalogue of games to buy) heard that the MC was insufferable, the story was meh, saw the bad PR around it telling people they're wrong about that because everyone who doesn't like it is racist?, and voted with their wallets towards another game.

As bad as Denuvo is, it hardly affects sales unless it is obviously badly implemented. Hogwarts Legacy sold fine on PC, and it had the stupid program....

Or, PC players (with their greater catalogue of games to buy) heard that the MC was insufferable, the story was meh, saw the bad PR around it telling people they're wrong about that because everyone who doesn't like it is racist?, and voted with their wallets towards another game.

As bad as Denuvo is, it hardly affects sales unless it is obviously badly implemented. Hogwarts Legacy sold fine on PC, and it had the stupid program....
Perhaps players just decided game itself was bad. There is still hope that players will realize nothing good comes from Denuvo. Also while Hogwarts Legacy sold well, there are always exceptions for everything.

Tech press should mentionon every news item if game uses Denuvo, then probably we could get rid of that cancer some day.

It's actually a heroine stereotype. It's why Tauriel kind of worked in the Hobbit films (though she was an added character pointless to the original story) and Galadriel failed miserably in Rings of Power. Tauriel, was kind, loving and didn't assume her place was above everyone else's in the story. Black women though, are never portrayed to have very much real feminine charm. They are always brash, rude, etc. You can't be woke and write a good character, it's just not possible because you are agenda driven rather than trying to make a believable likeable character.

It's actually a heroine stereotype. It's why Tauriel kind of worked in the Hobbit films (though she was an added character pointless to the original story) and Galadriel failed miserably in Rings of Power. Tauriel, was kind, loving and didn't assume her place was above everyone else's in the story. Black women though, are never portrayed to have very much real feminine charm. They are always brash, rude, etc. You can't be woke and write a good character, it's just not possible because you are agenda driven rather than trying to make a believable likeable character.
I wondered myself about it, I mean why they refuse to create feminine nice and lovable black women. What are they trying to say, black women cant be lovable?

Back