Game freeze (AC Brotherhood multiplayer)

Hi guys, I'm stumped here. Spent a few days trying to remedy this myself, but to no avail. So if any of you could give some input or help out, thanks a lot!

So here's the problem, in a nutshell, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, multiplayer specifically, just freezes up after 5 - 10 minutes. The audio starts to freeze/jitter and I can't ALT + TAB or CTRL + ALT + DEL.

It doesn't happen in any other game. I thought the problem could be the game itself, but friends have no problems. So I guess its probably something on my end.

Error message that pops up after reset:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8002A408F8
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\032911-17050-01.dmp
C:\Users\N3kura\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-33212-0.sysdata.xml

CPU Stats:
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.5ghz Q8300
Nvidia Geforce 9800GT
2GB DDR2 RAM

Mini-Dump attached. Its in 7-zip format because the original file exceeded the 200kb limit.

All drivers are up to date.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 032911-17050-01.7z
    8.2 KB · Views: 1
Your error is 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and is described as "A fatal hardware error has occurred."

This error code and definition has replaced the older XP code 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and though it is older the definition still is applicable: This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Honestly, this is a very difficult error to work with because as it says a clear diagnosis rarely comes forth and I have never seen a minidump with either error codes give a definitive answer. I know IT techs that don't like working with it. What makes it so difficult is that it can be any hardware in your system -- and I mean any. Your dump simply cited hardware as the issue and nothing more definitive -- which is the norm in these cases.

Here are some of the causes that were determined to be the source of 0x124/0x9C errors from posters here and abroad: NIC, DVD/CD drives, dust build up around the CPU that caused overheating of said CPU, bulging capacitors hidden by heatsink, video card, psu, motherboard, and external harddrive connected by USB.

Here is a very helpful link that give more information: http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-lockup-debug-how/35349-stop-0x124-what-means-what-try.html

Question: Are you using onboard audio?

Thank you for your quick reply.

Regarding temperatures, they're all under control.

GPU is running at 80c on load. And around 45-50c on idle.

CPU is running at 40-45c idle and around 50c on load.

I'm sure nothing on my system is overclocked, but the culprit MAY be the RAM. I've yet to try another one.

Regarding your question, yes I am using the onboard audio. Could that be the issue?

Yes, the audio could be the issue. Is this a system you built yourself or was built by the likes of Dell, HP, etc.?

Ah I see. Yes, this is a home-built system. I'll try switching the RAM for now. I don't have an external audio card to verify the audio issue.

Thanks for your help. Appreciate it.

Before doing memory go to your motherboard's website, find your exact model and update their latest onboard audio drivers for your motherboard. Let us know if that brings stability.

Back