Gaming setup full package for under $2k?

syde

I was curious if The Enthusiast's PC was the best setup that can be built for under $2k This includes All hardware and Software. (multiple monitors is a + also)

Strong emphasis on DirectX 11 games and Battlefield 3.

any takers to the challenge?

I was curious if The Enthusiast's PC was the best setup that can be built for under $2k This includes All hardware and Software. (multiple monitors is a + also)

Strong emphasis on DirectX 11 games and Battlefield 3.

any takers to the challenge?

at this point being this close to a new line of CPU's, the possible performance increase, and the effect on pricing from both sides, I would wait until sept if you can. You might benefit from it greatly.

at this point being this close to a new line of CPU's, the possible performance increase, and the effect on pricing from both sides, I would wait until sept if you can. You might benefit from it greatly.

In regards to current hardwares price dropping or the new stuff being released? Is there a thread or a location I might be able to see what is coming out this Sept?

In regards to current hardwares price dropping or the new stuff being released? Is there a thread or a location I might be able to see what is coming out this Sept?
Both, you should be seeing AMD bulldozer coming out around that time. I would guess that the Sandy bridge die shrink will start showing it's face soon, and NVidia and AMD will probably be throwing out some new cards.

But guess what! If you wait until next next September, prices of the current lineup will drop tons, AND you'l have even more new stuff!
IMO, now is not a bad time to buy, but September is pretty close. I think Red1776 is quite excited for bulldozer.

But guess what! If you wait until next next September, prices of the current lineup will drop tons, AND you'l have even more new stuff!

Yes, yes, we all get it. there is always something new around the corner. But what is unique about waiting a scant few weeks at this point in time, is a new CPU architecture for the first time in a decade from AMD and actual competition between the only two CPU choices you have. :p

I think Red1776 is quite excited for bulldozer.

Anybody who is a computer enthusiast or consumer should be. As one gent said in another thread.. ."I cant wait for Bulldozer, so I can afford a i72600K" Not only that , but the current AMD lineup is going to be phased out quickly. Locally I bought a 1100T for $179.00 and its been steadily dropping.

Just check in as it gets closer. The release will be covered ubiquitously all over the place. This is the latest from TS.
https://www.techspot.com/news/44702-amd-fx-series-processors-clock-speeds-detailed.html

Back