Garageband on Windows

Will35

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if there is a way to get garageband on Windows computers. I understand that it is an Apple exclusive and obtaining it on Windows might require some less than official steps, however I have a friend who sorely wants it to be able to work with his friends who all use it for music creation and would be willing to undertake this.
Any help much appreciated

The simple answer is no - you're out of luck, as it only runs on MacOS and/or iOS.

The more correct, but far more complex, answer is yes but you'll need to install MacOS onto a PC. That's a big task in itself, but it can be done:

The simple answer is no - you're out of luck, as it only runs on MacOS and/or iOS.

The more correct, but far more complex, answer is yes but you'll need to install MacOS onto a PC. That's a big task in itself, but it can be done:

Thanks for the reply, Neeyik, I've looked into guides similar to this, but I don't think this would be an option as the end result would hopefully be on a Windows laptop. I have dabbled with using VMBox to run a virtual machine with MacOS and even got as far as the booting shell, but, not having much knowledge at all of terminals, I had no idea where to go from there, and attempting to boot from the recovery .efi file led to a critical error in the VM. Alas, I was so close! I don't suppose that you could offer any insight?

I must admit I hadn't considered using a virtual machine to run MacOS, but I can't imagine the process is any easier than making a Hackintosh. I lack sufficient experience in VMs to offer any useful advice, other than to do something which I should imagine you've already done (I.e. use Google!):

It might be just as easier (but not for free) to find a cheap, used iPad off eBay, and get access to Garageband that way.

Back