Get a Graphics Card Or Monitor Now?

Hey there I’m looking for some advice. I’m interested in getting the ASUS ROG strix RTX 2080 Super. But I’m not sure if I should buy it now or buy a new Monitor( The Razer Raptor 27), and then wait for the new RTX 3000 Series that should be coming out at the end of the year.(I know they may not be the best of their kind, but I’m set on getting them). Just wondering if I should buy the card Now then buy the monitor at the end of the year, or buy the monitor now and wait for the 3000 series.

Current CPU: I7-9700K
Current GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

Current monitor: some old dell monitor that is 1080P, 60Hz, 24Inch.

Wanted GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super Advanced Overclocked

Wanted Monitor: Razer Raptor 27, 1440P, 144Hz, 27Inch.

Just looking for suggestions. Thanks

Neither. New GPU is overkill for your current monitor and current GPU is very weak for new monitor.

So buy both same time.

While a GTX 1060 isn't up to running at 1440p in the very latest AAA titles, with every graphics setting turned up to Ultra, you can use the Raptor monitor at 1080p or you could just turn down the detail settings (or both). It's also a G-SYNC Compatible monitor, with a variable refresh rate of 48 to 144 Hz, so you can say goodbye to screen tearing, too.

I'd personally get the new monitor now, simply because it will be far superior than your current one, when not using it in gaming.

Back