Getting 48 bit LBA supported on ECS P4S5A/DX+ MOBO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!,
This is my first ever post (cry for help!)...Although I have a million questions concerning my ultimate computer, it's perhaps best if I start with the one I currently have since I am presently a poor man who is relatively satisfied with my setup.
I have a Intel 2.4 with 533 FSB running on an AMI motherboard by Elite ECS P4S5A/DX+ ( i think it's version 1.0), and 1GB or SDram memory...
I would like to upgrade and am at a loss as to how to go about it in a sequentially reasonable fashion...Can you follow me???
I guess my my first question would be "Should I go about upgrading this particular setup in the first place?"...I am a music Buff and download a lot of music. I am no gamer and because of my addictive personality don't want to venture into that tease, so my ultimate goal is to have a setup that can handle music beautifully and also, if possible, to play music through my Audes speakers in my stereo setup...Oh! Lord, I'm getting lost, but maybe you can catch my drift...I presently have an audigy platinum ex sound card playing through Altec Lansing ADA885's and it's nice enough for the present...My Motherboard (or my GeForce4 MX440 video card) has a TV out so I guess I'll be able to do something there at sometime, but, right now, as I say, my overwhelming insecurity centers around "What is enough?" and "do I have enough right now?" and, if so, "where do I begin to tweak???"
I know that I can install up to 2GB DDR333 memory and am watching for a price break on the web and my 2.4 Intel seems fast enough for the time being, but I have an 80 GB Hard Drive and wanted to up that to a 160 or larger because of my passion for music, but find that this entails LBA support and even though I flashed my motherboard, Everest Home Edition tells me that my Motherboard still does not support LBA :( Any suggestion?, (besides perhaps "See a Therapist immediately!)...And incidentally, thanks for reading through this befuddlement...I hope to get more succinct in the future...Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back