Getting BSOD's While Playing GTA 5 Online

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and I'm looking forward to all of the tech savvy people here. I've just put in a new GTX 970 GPU so I could play some Grand Theft Auto 5, but I'm getting some pretty inconsistent Blue Screens while playing the online mode specifically.

I think I've had 3 Blue Screens and one complete system freeze while playing GTA 5 Online. I've had two 3b codes, and one 1e code. There's a 4th BSOD in the minidump file, but I can't quite remember getting that one or what I was doing. Either way, I know something is wrong here.

System Specs:
AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4.0GHz (Corsair H60 Water Cooler)
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. M5A97 R2.0 Motherboard
BIOS Date: 04/07/14 17:25:35 Ver: 04.06.05
Patriot Viper Xtreme RAM 8.00 GB
ST3500418AS ATA Device
(1) NVIDIA High Definition Audio (2) High Definition Audio Device
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 MSI Gaming 4G
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
Corsair CX600 Power Supply 600 watt

I've attached the minidumps, also. Any help on this would be amazing! Thanks.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    154 KB · Views: 1
Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately, I've already tried the most recent drivers. As soon as I updated to 353.30, I started up GTA 5 and got a BSOD within 10 minutes.

Interesting... it looks like they've released a BIOS update just last month stating that it improves system stability. Do you think this is worth a try for fixing BSOD issues? I think I'll try it out!

Alright, the update finished. I forget how EZ Flash makes it so simple to update these things. I guess now I'll just have to play GTA 5 for hours on end and see what happens! Thanks for your help - I'll report back either way.

Well, I played GTA 5 Online for about 4 hours last night (I'm not very proud of that, by the way), but I had no issues. I'll keep heavily playing to see if I encounter any more BSOD's, but so far so good after that BIOS update.

Back