Getting my Corsair XMS2 to DDR2-1066

Status
Not open for further replies.

magaman598

So, this is my problem, I set it in the BIOS to utilize this RAM at 1066 at 7-7-7-20/2.0V according the Corsair's specs, but when I run Memtest I get tens of thousands of errors within a few minutes. Memtest on the other hand is picking it up at 7-5-4-8-32 also, the things I'm setting are the CL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS, I believe those are the right things to set.

Any Idea's here guys?

If Memtest is picking up errors, one or both RAM modules would seem to be defective. If they are a matched set, you probably should RMA them both.

By the way, in trying to do some research on your Biostar motherboard, I discovered your CPU was not supported by your motherboard even though it evidently works. I don't know if this is in any way related to your problem. See this CPU support list: Biostar.

Thanks for your reply Malipup but Memtest is picking the RAM up at different timings, and I believe that's the problem, but I don't have any blank cds to burn Memtest so to my knowledge I can't really do anything about that untill I can get to Wal-mart, lol.

Also, I need to get a new motherboard anyway, the second RAM slot decided to go out. :blackeye:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back