Gf2 64mb mx400 tv-out, goes blank

Status
Not open for further replies.
gf2 64mb mx400 tv-out trubbles

when I try to use my tv-out function on my geforce2 the monitor goes black for 1-3 sec and my tv-screen jumps up and down some... then every thing goes back to normal... whats wrong? cant find much info on this =\
thanks for any help you might contribute with...
//Jarrot

What resolution are you running before you switch to TV-Out?

Try running 800x600 or below.

yeah ive tryed that to... thought it might be something about the detonators im using but it nvidias latest official drivers 23.11.. =\

So the TV-out doen't work or is it just the switching process that is bothering you?

Screen resolution, refresh rates and all other settings should be handled by the display driver, check display properties -> advanced -> GeForce 2 Ti -> TV-out (hope I got this right). Make sure the NTSC / PAL setting is correct.

Just to scare you off ... maybe the TV-chip is fried :eek: . Before connecting the cable between the TV and computer, turn off the TV and unplug the computer from the wall, otherwise it may be toasting time...

Have you overclocked your card / flashed the video BIOS?

Could be a number of reasons.
What brand card is your card.

Do you have your cables connected before you boot your comp.
There is a prog called TV Tool which you can use to check that nothing is amiss.
I had a Vanta 16meg tv-out that would do the same, but TV Tool proved to me that the function was working but bad drivers or such.
This is a shareware Prog that will give you a 10 minute period before it reverts.( till you register)
I upgraded to a GF2MX 400 but had no probs with twinview(except for DVD's and macrovision)
I registered and now watch DVD's on my 51cm tele (this prog will get rid of macrovision)
But @ least it will let you know whether your card is screwed or not.

thx alot think that tvtool thingie will do it.. dont have my s-video cable here right now so I cant test it =\
anyways thanks alot =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back