Toshiba satellite c55d-b5310 not powering on

Toshiba satellite c55d-b5310 not powering on, black screen, cooling fan begins then stops after 5 sec., HDD sounds like it spins but no sounds of "working", no "clicks" of normal operation. Problems occurred after Jan. 15th 2020 windows 10 update, (after 1904 had been running previously), no symptoms before. Power supply tested & good. Tried working extension monitor, nothing. This model has no CMOS battery. Tried ALL combinations of powering off removing battery & power, holding down power button for 60 seconds plugging in then: holding down every function key + shift, control, escape etc. combination after powering down, removing all power & holding power key 60 sec. after every separate attempt. Removed RAM, removed hard drive, removed cd/dvd drive, detached: SD reader/ touch pad & 2nd usb drive. ??? Is my mother board bad? I can't even get into BIOS.

Let me ask you something, when you first started using windows 10 for this toshiba.
Did you choose the path to upgrade from windows 8 or did you do a new installation ?
Your not going to like my idea, but consider full formatting the hard drive.
Start out fresh, with the newer windows 10 os microsoft has from the media creator.

Start reading here so you can do it through usb the first time correctly.
Make sure you find that oem windows 8 key, windows will want it during installation.
Not afterwords when its done,
"saves much headache when attempting to put in the key"

Follow these steps to create installation media (USB flash drive or DVD) you can use to install a new copy of Windows 10, perform a clean installation, or reinstall Windows 10.

Before you download the tool make sure you have:

• An internet connection (internet service provider fees may apply).
  • Sufficient data storage available on a computer, USB or external drive for the download.
  • A blank USB flash drive with at least 8GB of space or blank DVD (and DVD burner) if you want to create media. We recommend using a blank USB or blank DVD, because any content on it will be deleted.
  • When burning a DVD from an ISO file, if you are told the disc image file is too large you will need to use Dual Layer (DL) DVD Media.
Check a few things on the PC where you want to install Windows 10:

Back