Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

antradox

Got this game yesterday. I ll just mention the recommended requirements for this game

Processor 2.8
Windows 2000/XP
1G RAM
5G hardisk space
Direct x9.0 compliant video card
Radeon 9600 or above
Nvidia 6200 above

i ve got this

17 inch LCD (if that matters)
1G RAM
60G left on HardDrive
Abit Radeon 9600 XT AGP 8x (directX9.0)
Windiws XP
Intel P4 3.0

i installed the game together with the AGEIA Physx thingy (i dont have a Physx card but it told me to install it anyway). tried to play and then my screen suddenly changes resolution and it says that the ati something has stopped working normally. now its like 16bpp 800x600 form 32bpp 1280x1024
the sound plays but the screen goes black. sometimes it sound doesnt play at all because it says later that it has experienced a crash etc. i thought it might be (im just a newbie at this) the AGEIA driver somehow clashing with the ATI driver so i uninstalled the AGEIA physx. opened the game and the same thing happened. i reinstalled the whole thing and same thing.

i could use some advice guys. itd be very much appreciated. dont want to lose 45 bucks you know..

I think the game is a bit to over whelming for your pc It takes a huge hit on my machine. disable/unistall the agia software. It is bottlenecking your cpu.

yup i have uninstalled ageia physx driver.

wow.... i thought when they say recommended requirements it means itll work. i know that game needs a beast to run on well, but as earlier said, it did mention the recommended requirements and i did meet them,

the manual said that the game automatically sets up the resolution for optimum performance. i wonder if thats the case, that the system could withstand the demand. But why put those recommended requirements in the first place...weird.....

You meat the minamal requierments this means you have to play it with all settings on low. To play on high you need "twice as good specs" as the minamal specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back