Gigabyte board won't completely come on

Hi I am trying to fault find a B365m d3h Gigabyte board. When the power button is switched on, the cpu fan comes on and the board light comes on too and then there's a beep and it goes off again. It continues like that but no display on the monitor.

Depends on the CPU but you might need a graphic card in there? Does your CPU end with the letter F? Like an Intel 9100F ?

When I search that CPU Google sends me here:

Is that your processor? If it is ...see the F on the end? No graphics card built in

Last edited:
When I search that CPU Google sends me here:

Is that your processor? If it is ...see the F on the end? Noi graphics card built in
Hi

I've attached the picture of the processor.

Attachments

• 20210519_091731.jpg
    20210519_091731.jpg
    689.8 KB · Views: 6
We also had a graphics card before, and it was working but then it stopped working. We used another new board with the graphics card and it worked, so we assumed that there must be a problem with this board. I am trying to upload the video of what happened but it seems to be too big for the server to process.

We also had a graphics card before, and it was working but then it stopped working. We used another new board with the graphics card and it worked, so we assumed that there must be a problem with this board. I am trying to upload the video of what happened but it seems to be too big for the server to process.
Thanks for sharing the JPG of the CPU you have. That one has a built in graphics card so you could go either way. Graphics or no graphics when testing. I have run into a few systems that are lazy to POST because of RAM and I have run into issues with the monitor not switching to the right input. I have also seen a few situations where the board is set to go to the wrong video card. If you have a graphics in, you could have tested either video port to see if signal was going somewhere.

It sounds like you are working now. That's good! Thanks for keeping us updated =)

Back