Gigabyte nf4 Ultra or DFI nf4 Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gigabyte nf4 Ultra or DFI nf4 Ultra of MSI NEO4 PLatinum?

I will be running a system:

AMD 64 3200+ or 3500+
2 x 1Gb Corsair Value ram
2 x 250Gb Seagate NCQ
LEadtek 6600GT Extreme
Tagan 480W

Now my question is, which board is faster, more stable, has better equipment ... ?

I will NOT overlock my system, so in the first place I need a motherboard that is stable and doesn't couse too much problems ...

Which of these two do you reccomend?

TNX!

I'm pretty much building the same PC you are. I still need to decide on the videocard, either the 6600Gt or x700pro.

For the motherboard, I've decided to go with DFI. I haven't seen reviews comparing both, but they seem pretty much to deliver the same performances. I like the design of the DFI better, but the main thing that made me choose the DFI was the number of PCI-e slots. The gigabyte model has only 2 PCI-e 1x slots and 1 16x slot, DFI offers 1 1x slot, 1 4x slot and 2 16x slots. So I should be able to use PCI-e parts more easily in the next few years.

Feature wise, gigabyte offers 8 SATA ports(4 on 3.0Gb/s) while DFI has 4 on 3.0Gb/s only. Both seem to offer 10 USB ports and 2 lan connector.

There's not much difference specs wise, it pretty much comes down to who you trust more and price wise.

Well, I guess you're right!

4 Sata should be more than enough, and considering the price, DFI is a winner.

I on the other hand like the design of Gigabyte more that DFI, but it's not the look that counts ... :)

So, tnx for your help!

I'd go with the MSI myself. Ther all pretty good boards, but MSI has a really good reputation and rates really well at almost website posting a review. The DFI's are known more for the enthusiast crowd due to the great overclocking. If the price is right, go MSI ( until ABIT comes out with an NFORCE 4 ultra).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back