Good for WoW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo E6550 CPU @ 2.33GHz 1333FSB 4MB L2 Cache 64-bit

Thermaltake MaxOrb Enthusiast CPU Cooling Fan

Single Hard Drive (320GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)

20X DVD+/-R/+/-RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER

MOTHERBOARD: Asus P5N-E nForce 650i SLI Chipset LGA775 FSB1333 DDR2 Mainboard

MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)2GB (2x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory

OS: Microsoft(R) Windows Vista(TM) Home Basic w/ Service Pack 1

VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT 1GB 16X PCI Express

I'm sure its good enough to run WoW, but I was wondering how good/bad it may be before I actually order it. What I have now just isnt cutting it for 25 man raids in Sunwell and Bt/Hyjal.

I was pretty sure it would, but thought id get a smart persons insight on it. :0 but got $810 for just the tower, id expect it to be better then what i currently have.

I will also be able to start making my PvP and PvE videos again. Fraps was really messing me up...taking me down to like 10 FPS, which sucks...

I was also wondering what a IEEE card was for?

Well, if it means anything to you at all, my girlfriend plays WoW on my PC from time to time and there is no lag. You can see my full list of hardware specifications by viewing my profile, but I've got an ancient 9200se as a VPU :D.

An "IEEE card" is probably either a wireless adapter or an expansion card with firewire ports. Have any more information about it?

Well the closest thing to info I could give is " IEEE 1394 Driver and Card ", that was the only option I had to choose to get, or it was go without.

A very fast external bus standard that supports data transfer rates of up to 400Mbps (in 1394a) and 800Mbps (in 1394b).

That was all I could find, which was good enough info for me, aslong as I dont need it becuase I didn't get it...

Well thank you for the help and insight, I plan on continuing my fun when the comp gets here :)

Meh, you probably don't use anything that requires Firewire, and if you do happen to need it down the road you can just buy an expansion card elsewhere.

You're welcome and enjoy your new PC :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back