Good ol'Monitor Black As Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) ASUS M3N-HT Deluxe Motherboard - NVIDIA 780a SLI, Socket AM2+, ATX, Audio, Video, HDMI, DVI, PCI Express 2.0, Gigabit LAN. S/PDIF, USB 2 M3N_HT Deluxe HDMI

2) AMD Phenom II X4 945 Quad Core Processor HDX945FBGIBOX - 3.00GHz, 6MB Cache, 2000MHz (4000 MT/s) FSB, Retail, Socket AM3, Processor with Fan HDX945FBGIBOX

3) EVGA 01G-P3-N959-TR GeForce 9500 GT Video Card - 1GB DDR2, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Support, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, VGA Support
MPN: 01G-P3-N959-TR

4) Kingwin Mach 1 Modular Power Supply - 600-Watt, ATX, SLI-Ready, Dual 12V Rails
MPN: ABT-600MA1S

5) Apevia X-DREAMER3-BK X-DREAMER3 Mid Tower Case - ATX, mATX, Black
MPN: X-DREAMER3-BK

6) nvidia - sli ready - PC2 6400 (8GB)

7) WD 1TB

8) Display, Flat Panel Display, 15, DUAL..., 1504FP, Dell Americas Organization

I just built this computer, minus another harddrive and burners I have. I have been building computers since 1994 and I'm familiar with the setups and what not. I have also followed the manuals and double checked everything so that I didn't miss anything. Tower powers up, mother board is powered up, but my monitor doesn't turn on at all. It stays in sleep mode. Any ideas what it might be or what my sleepy eyes might have missed last night?

the ASUS M3N-HT Deluxe has on-board video have tryed using that without the GeForce 9500 GT Video Card installed

Your motherboard doesn't support your Phenom II X4 945 until the 2803 BIOS and 2904 is the newest BIOS. if you can take your motherboard to a computer shop so they can flash your BIOS

That Dell monitor has to be old enough to be long dead. Try checking it on a friend's computer. And try another monitor on your new setup.

The monitor works fine. I have used it on other computers before. I know it's quite old. LOL

Even if the BIOS is an older addition, shouldn't I still be able to load the computer to be able to update the BOIS via internet?

Also I thought they took care of that issue awhile back...oh well I guess that shall be my last resort...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back