Google fired dozens of employees for data misuse, accessing private user information

midian182

Staff member
A hot potato: Ever worry what tech employees are doing with your private info? A concerning new report reveals that Google fired dozens of workers for data misuse between 2018 and 2020, which includes stealing or leaking corporate information and accessing user or employee data in violation of its policies.

The news comes from an internal Google document obtained by Motherboard that reveals how Google terminated 36 employees in 2020 for security-related issues. Most of the allegations (86%) were for mishandling confidential information, such as transferring internal-only files to outside parties, while 10% were for misuse of systems, which can include accessing user or employee data or helping others to access that data.

There were more firings for security incidents during the previous two years: 26 in 2019 and 18 in 2018. The document states that the terminations aren't the only way Google deals with these situations; it can also hand out warnings, training, and coaching to employees who mishandle data.

"The instances referred to mostly relate to inappropriate access to, or misuse of, proprietary and sensitive corporate information or IP," a Google spokesperson told Vice. "Regarding user data, we tightly restrict employee access through a number of industry leading safeguards, including: limiting access to user data to necessary individuals, requiring a justification to access such data, multi-stage review before access is granted to sensitive data, and monitoring for access anomalies and violations."

"The number of violations, whether deliberate or inadvertent, is consistently low. Every employee gets training annually, we investigate all allegations, and violations result in corrective action up to and including termination. We are transparent in publicizing the number and outcome of our investigations to our employees and have strict processes in place to secure customer and user data from any internal or external threats."

This is far from the first case of tech employees abusing their positions. According to a new book (via Insider), Facebook fired 52 people from 2014 to August 2015 for the same thing, including an engineer who used his employee access to track down a woman who had left him after they fought.

Elsewhere, Ring in 2020 said it fired four employees for improperly accessing customers' video footage, and a former Uber worker's lawsuit from 2016 claimed employees tracked celebrities, politicians, and ex-partners.

Permalink to story.

Selling corporate data, collecting sensitive private information for blackmailing ........ nope, it's not for you Joe. You're just an employee. Only Google officials are allowed to use data for those purposes.

There's most certainly 'more to this story'. If we only knew, some would not be able to walk the streets.

Selling corporate data, collecting sensitive private information for blackmailing ........ nope, it's not for you Joe. You're just an employee. Only Google officials are allowed to use data for those purposes.
Yep. The plebeians aren't allowed to do what made the patricians so wealthy in the first place.

Hail to the new American aristocracy! I hope for their sake that they wise up before they end up like the aristocracies of France and Russia past.

Yep. The plebeians aren't allowed to do what made the patricians so wealthy in the first place.

Hail to the new American aristocracy! I hope for their sake that they wise up before they end up like the aristocracies of France and Russia past.

Well..... all the aristocracies of the world are united nowadays. They worked together to take away the freedom from us. None of them is complaining. If you're commoner you're not allowed to travel and enjoy.

But if you own a yacht, or a private jet, that's another thing. You can go anywhere and enjoy, nobody will check your COVID pass. That's just for the peasants.

Though there are exceptions. Like Albania. A small poor country on Balkans where they don't ask you for COVID pass, nor PCR test, nor antigen test, not even facial masks. Just come and enjoy. Like it's "old normal".

And guess what?? Still not hearing Albanians or their tourists dying en masse. Everyone is alive and kicking. While Australia closed completely because 300 people in the entire country failed the PCR test. Wow.

Though there are exceptions. Like Albania. A small poor country on Balkans where they don't ask you for COVID pass, nor PCR test, nor antigen test, not even facial masks. Just come and enjoy. Like it's "old normal".

And guess what?? Still not hearing Albanians or their tourists dying en masse. Everyone is alive and kicking. While Australia closed completely because 300 people in the entire country failed the PCR test. Wow.
I don't understand what you're trying to say here. Are you trying to say that the virus that had my uncle in the ICU at Montreal General Hospital for two weeks on the precipice of death is a hoax cooked up by the rich? It's not.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here. Are you trying to say that the virus that had my uncle in the ICU at Montreal General Hospital for two weeks on the precipice of death is a hoax cooked up by the rich? It's not.

I'm saying that COVID is almost identical to SARS virus from 2003. It's as different from it as Indian variant (also known as Delta) is different from South African variant (also known as Beta). There's no "novel covid virus" it's the same virus, just slightly different variant, or strain. The cures that worked on SARS work on COVID as well. And when I say "cures" I mean cures, not vaccines.

There's no need to close entire continents, and to vaccinate everyone using very suspicious vaccines. Why I say "suspicious"? Because in just over 1 year COVID vaccines have killed more people than all the vaccines in the history of vaccination combined. The deadliest vaccine ever, against one of the mildest viruses ever.

If your uncle was cured the proper way, using one of the two top cures, he'd be out of the hospital in 2 days. Or maybe the same day, and continue therapy at home. All the rich people and presidents of countries took one of the two medications, not vaccines, and they got healthy very soon. The whole situation is a hoax. They need to buy the cures, not the vaccines.

But of course, vaccines are much more profitable. Cures would only cure people with serious symptoms. Which is maybe 0.5% of the population. But vaccines are administered to everyone. And not just once. They plan continuous vaccination two or three times per year. Permanently. Forever.

Compare that to selling cure to just the 0.5% of population. Which eventually will get immune, so less and less cure will be needed. Once you add the numbers, it makes sense why is everyone interested in vaccines, instead of cures.

The cures that worked on SARS work on COVID as well. And when I say "cures" I mean cures, not vaccines.
Which "cures" are those?
The deadliest vaccine ever, against one of the mildest viruses ever.
One of the "mildest viruses ever" wouldn't have a worldwide death toll of 4,380,000 people in two years. As for being the deadliest vaccine ever, I must be Superman because I've had two doses with no side effects whatsoever.
If your uncle was cured the proper way, using one of the two top cures,
What are those two top cures that you speak of? Can you please be more specific? It's hard to know what you're talking about when you're being this vague. I know of no cure that has ever existed for any virus-based illness that wasn't a vaccine.
he'd be out of the hospital in 2 days. Or maybe the same day, and continue therapy at home. All the rich people and presidents of countries took one of the two medications,
Why do you keep refusing to say what those medications are? What is the cure that you're referring to?
But of course, vaccines are much more profitable.
No, vaccines are not more profitable. Long-term treatments are more profitable. Vaccines create immunity. In most cases, you only need one shot (smallpox, polio, measles, influenza, etc.) and once you're vaccinated, you're incapable of ever contracting that disease for the rest of your life. That's not profitable, that's a cure in advance. There are very few vaccines that require re-immunization over time with booster shots like tetanus.

Influenza shots are administered several times over a person's life because there are so many strains of flu and new ones come into existence every single year. If you've been vaccinated against a certain strain of influenza, you can never contract it. That definitely meets my criteria for my definition of a cure.
Compare that to selling cure to just the 0.5% of population.
What cure? You keep talking about this mythical cure of yours but have yet to say what that magical cure is. What is the cure?
sense why is everyone interested in vaccines, instead of cures.
Again, you mention this "cure" but don't say what it is. Until you do, there's nothing to discuss. Since there has never been a cure for any virus-based illness that wasn't a vaccine, I don't expect you to reply.

Last edited:
Which "cures" are those?
The cures are called:
- Ivermectin
- Hydroxychloroquine (and Chloroquine)
Also, our old friend Azithromycin has shown good results in practice, especially when combined with Hydroxychloroquine.

One of the "mildest viruses ever" wouldn't have a worldwide death toll of 4,380,000 people in two years. As for being the deadliest vaccine ever, I must be Superman because I've had two doses with no side effects whatsoever.

I don't know, am I Superman to not even get cold after being in contact with lots of people having the "dangerous" COVID? Yes, some people had nasty consequences, but I never got sick. So.... am I Superman?

Nope. The fact is that people react differently to both the virus, and the vaccine. But so far the vaccine has actually killed more people than the virus. It's just that you don't know it. For these reasons:

1. COVID death is attributed to anyone who was positive to COVID at the moment of death. There were cases when people had car accidents, and died in hospital because of consequences of trauma. But their blood was tested positive on COVID, and their death was a "COVID death" not death by car accident. Same happened to people who had heart attacks, or lung cancers, which had nothing to do with COVID. If they tested positive to COVID, they died of COVID. People even joked that if an airplane crashed, and pilots were found COVID positive, all 360 passengers would be filed under "COVID-caused death".

2. As opposed to the above, deaths of vaccination have been hidden in all possible ways:

a) Some big pharma corporations had their own forms for reporting injuries and deaths from vaccination. But they didn't do it to help the people. They did it so that people think "Okay, I've officially reported the death" but in fact the corporation had no obligation to share that report. It wasn't really national agency, it was a report to a private corporation. They never sent those reports to the national agencies. So, those deaths and injuries don't appear in any official statistics.

b) Even if the report was sent to the right address, that didn't prove anything. As opposed to alleged COVID deaths, where anything can be sorted under "COVID death", when it comes to vaccination death, they've made it nearly impossible to prove the cause was vaccine. People have lost a lot of time and money trying to prove a death was caused by vaccine. As opposed to COVID deaths, where it was completely automatic, free, and usually wrong.

So, now you think that 4 million people died of COVID, and only a small number of vaccines, but in fact, it's the opposite. So, if the consequences of virus are identical to consequences of vaccine, then chosing virus is a better option. In fact, any previous vaccine that had that many deaths or injuries (including permanent disabilities) should have been cancelled long time ago. And manufacturers sued in a class lawsuit. But this time, the governments just play the game. The only thing that is immune is big pharma. They are totally immune to any law.

No, vaccines are not more profitable. Long-term treatments are more profitable. Vaccines create immunity. In most cases, you only need one shot (smallpox, polio, measles, influenza, etc.) and once you're vaccinated, you're incapable of ever contracting that disease for the rest of your life. That's not profitable, that's a cure in advance. There are very few vaccines that require re-immunization over time with booster shots like tetanus.

Nope. If you didn't pay attention for the last 12 months, as soon as some country declares that "50% of population has been vaccinated" they invent another strain of the virus, against which there's no immunity. They can do that for the next 100 years. Especially because Corona is the cause of common cold. Have you ever found someone completely immune to common cold? No, you didn't. If you have extremely strong immune system, you can get away with minimal consequences, but the virus is always lurking in the dark. There's no permanent immunity against Corona-family viruses. But if your immune system is strong, and your body is strong, the infection will pass unnoticed. Which is exactly what happens with COVID as well. Majority of the people got the virus, or will get it, without even noticing it.

There will never be end of this vaccination. They will invent a new strain every year, and we'll be mandatory vaccinated every year. Against a lab-developed virus. This is bioterrorism of the magnitude never reached before. You can bet this will be the most profitable vaccine of all times.

Influenza shots are administered several times over a person's life because there are so many strains of flu and new ones come into existence every single year. If you've been vaccinated against a certain strain of influenza, you can never contract it. That definitely meets my criteria for my definition of a cure.

So, where is this influenza now? You don't hear people getting influenza anymore. Is it because they didn't spread a new strain last 2 years, since this time they had a new toy, a new very profitable virus they've spread to sell vaccines in greater number than ever before. And please don't tell me "it's because of masks and anti-corona measures". Influenza is a lot more virulent than COVID. If masks and separation didn't stop COVID, it wouldn't even scratch influenza. But..... for the last 2 years, no sign of it. They just didn't spread it this time.

Last edited:
I'm saying that COVID is almost identical to SARS virus from 2003. It's as different from it as Indian variant (also known as Delta) is different from South African variant (also known as Beta). There's no "novel covid virus" it's the same virus, just slightly different variant, or strain. The cures that worked on SARS work on COVID as well. And when I say "cures" I mean cures, not vaccines.

There's no need to close entire continents, and to vaccinate everyone using very suspicious vaccines. Why I say "suspicious"? Because in just over 1 year COVID vaccines have killed more people than all the vaccines in the history of vaccination combined. The deadliest vaccine ever, against one of the mildest viruses ever.

If your uncle was cured the proper way, using one of the two top cures, he'd be out of the hospital in 2 days. Or maybe the same day, and continue therapy at home. All the rich people and presidents of countries took one of the two medications, not vaccines, and they got healthy very soon. The whole situation is a hoax. They need to buy the cures, not the vaccines.

But of course, vaccines are much more profitable. Cures would only cure people with serious symptoms. Which is maybe 0.5% of the population. But vaccines are administered to everyone. And not just once. They plan continuous vaccination two or three times per year. Permanently. Forever.

Compare that to selling cure to just the 0.5% of population. Which eventually will get immune, so less and less cure will be needed. Once you add the numbers, it makes sense why is everyone interested in vaccines, instead of cures.
What's happening is NWOs (global central banks) grab for totalitarian rule. China is the model. They have infiltrated every country. Corrupted and blackmailed politicians and other leaders, through the infiltrated intelligence services. The almost worldwide tandem cooperation is stunning evidence of this conspiracy. Covid-19, a bioweapon which is encapsulated in propaganda and the deaths are a result of both political and medical MALFEASANCE. This is an attack on the people of the world and should result in Nuremburg level criminal trials. Most all governments of the world are run by MONSTERS.

encapsulated in propaganda and the deaths are a result of both political and medical MALFEASANCE. This is an attack on the people of the world and should result in Nuremburg level criminal trials. Most all governments of the world are run by MONSTERS.

Yeah, all governments and big corporations are run by functioning psychopaths. Sometimes they may install a friendly-looking frontman to hide the true controllers behind him, but the fact is that sociopaths and psychopaths are running the world.

In 2009 I predicted that there will be world war by the end 2018. And I failed. It was an artificially caused global pandemic and it happened by the end of 2019. Despite this slight inaccuracy, it showed me that my view on our society is pretty accurate, and that majority (as usual) is totally naive and delusional. Nobody I spoke with thought something like this could happen, not even just a few months before it happened.

TechSpot is a pretty interesting place where you can bump into people who think differently from the naive majority :)

Yeah, all governments and big corporations are run by functioning psychopaths. Sometimes they may install a friendly-looking frontman to hide the true controllers behind him, but the fact is that sociopaths and psychopaths are running the world.

In 2009 I predicted that there will be world war by the end 2018. And I failed. It was an artificially caused global pandemic and it happened by the end of 2019. Despite this slight inaccuracy, it showed me that my view on our society is pretty accurate, and that majority (as usual) is totally naive and delusional. Nobody I spoke with thought something like this could happen, not even just a few months before it happened.

TechSpot is a pretty interesting place where you can bump into people who think differently from the naive majority :)
To take a page from the woked left. Maybe someday we'll all intersect on the same agreement path. Apparently, the rank and file on the Left still has to experience more pain and disillusionment at the hands of those with whom they place so much trust in before they get it and we can move forward. The right quadrant of the equation has already reached that point.
And we wait...Hope they do not tarry too long.

Back