Google may decide to fire employees who don't follow company's Covid-19 vaccine rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

midian182

Staff member
A hot potato: Google is reportedly taking a hard line against employees who refuse to comply with its Covid-19 vaccination policy: they'll lose pay and could eventually lose their jobs. The only exception comes from medical or religious grounds, which Google said it would grant on a case-by-case basis.

According to CNBC, a memo circulated by Google’s leadership states that employees had until December 3 to declare their vaccination status and upload documents showing proof or apply for medical/religious exemption. It adds that anyone who has failed to comply with the vaccine rules or has had their exemption requests denied after that date will be contacted.

Any Googlers who still haven’t been vaccinated or granted an exemption by January 18 will face the consequences. First comes paid administrative leave for 30 days. If they still haven’t satisfied Google’s requirements during this time, they will be put on unpaid administrative leave for up to six months. Should the employees continue to refuse the vaccine or fail to receive exempt status, they will be fired.

Google, which will require its workers to come into the office for three days per week at some point next year, says it is following a Biden administration executive order. That order requires US companies with 100 or more employees to ensure their workers are fully vaccinated or regularly tested for Covid-19 by January 18. A federal court issued a stay on the order, but it seems Google is going ahead with its mandate anyway.

“Anyone entering a Google building must be fully vaccinated or have an approved accommodation that allows them to work or come onsite,” the company said, adding that “frequent testing is not a valid alternative to vaccination.”

Google recently delayed plans for its workers’ in-person return to the office on January 10, likely due to the emergence of the Omicron variant. However, it will still encourage employees to come in “where conditions allow, to reconnect with colleagues in person and start regaining the muscle memory of being in the office more regularly.”

There will be some options for those who don’t want to get vaccinated. Google has said employees could “explore” any roles at the company that don’t conflict with the executive order. If those roles can be performed outside of the office, the company said they will be able to “permanently work remotely going forward.”

Permalink to story.

"Google, which will require its workers to come into the office for three days per week at some point next year, says it is following a Biden administration executive order."

What a cop out. If you really "care" then you'd let your employees work from home. then vaccination isnt an issue.

" the company said, adding that “frequent testing is not a valid alternative to vaccination.”"

What a crock. If someone is not infected, they pose no risk. If you are vaccinated, then why are you worried? Could it be that forcing everyone to get the jab is all about compliance, and not saftey? Perhaps are they worried that portugal, germany, and israel, all with over 85% vax rates, are having outbreaks no better then the ones in america? Perhaps they should put 2 and 2 together and realize they are chasing the dragon.

"Google recently delayed plans for its workers’ in-person return to the office on January 10, likely due to the emergence of the Omicron variant"

Oh hey look, forcing vaccination against a varient not covered and then not opening anyway. Typical Google.

The problem here is that COVID vaccinations don't provide immunity, and therefore are not "immunizations" by definition. It would be different if the vaccines actually worked as advertised in early 2021, but they don't. Google is over stepping their authority, and they need to be checked. Also "omicron" is more mild than the common cold. We need to move on already.

Google fires people for not supporting their political agenda so firing people who don't want a potentially dangerous and barely-effective vaccine is no surprise. The only question is whether the latter injustice is just another part of the first.

"Google, which will require its workers to come into the office for three days per week at some point next year, says it is following a Biden administration executive order."

What a cop out. If you really "care" then you'd let your employees work from home. then vaccination isnt an issue.

" the company said, adding that “frequent testing is not a valid alternative to vaccination.”"

What a crock. If someone is not infected, they pose no risk. If you are vaccinated, then why are you worried? Could it be that forcing everyone to get the jab is all about compliance, and not saftey? Perhaps are they worried that portugal, germany, and israel, all with over 85% vax rates, are having outbreaks no better then the ones in america? Perhaps they should put 2 and 2 together and realize they are chasing the dragon.

"Google recently delayed plans for its workers’ in-person return to the office on January 10, likely due to the emergence of the Omicron variant"

Oh hey look, forcing vaccination against a varient not covered and then not opening anyway. Typical Google.
If you ignore all aspect of pandemics, your comments are valid. If you get back to reality... like how viruses are spread. Which isn't exclusive to the workplace, shockingly, so it affects everyone, regardless of home office. Because you don't live on a deserted island alone, and colleagues aren't the only people you directly or indirectly face or share air with. Or the dynamics of herd mentality, meaning spread and cases are strongly correlated with vaccination rate, so spread is increasingly slowed down by increasing immunization. The fact that vaccine-inflicted immunity is 5 times stronger on average than that gained by going thru COVID. Or the fact that your chance for spreading the virus is one THIRD compared to non-vaccination. Or the fact that 80-90% of COVID patients in ICU are unvaccinated. Or any other well known, hard numbers and facts.

If you trust your immune system so much, GTFO from the health care system. We need those ICUs for people who actually can't help their situation, like cancer patients. Antivaxxers are very welcome to suffocate alone in their homes from this stupid disease if that's what they really want. If they don't want that, stop the drama about a friggin' pinprick like a true ignorant whiny problem child, get that f*cking shot and be done with it.

The problem here is that COVID vaccinations don't provide immunity, and therefore are not "immunizations" by definition. It would be different if the vaccines actually worked as advertised in early 2021, but they don't. Google is over stepping their authority, and they need to be checked. Also "omicron" is more mild than the common cold. We need to move on already.
Hey dude, how's that "alt facts" bubble going for ya? Seems pretty good from the outside. Too much Facebook "news", huh?

If only every company would do this... my school board has a "mandatory vaccination policy" but... in practice, if you don't get vaccinated, you simply need to get tested more often... I wish someone could inform them what mandatory actually means...

As for those of you who assume this must be some Leftist conspiracy... please do some research... this is affecting the ENTIRE WORLD... and you have already lost almost a million lives to Covid - just get vaccinated and STFU...

So many words. So very little facts.

It's been explained over and over and over again to people how vaccines work, how they are working. They either can't understand it, or refuse to accept it. I actually don't know which troubles me more.

It's been explained over and over and over again to people how vaccines work, how they are working. They either can't understand it, or refuse to accept it. I actually don't know which troubles me more.
Dude, we all know vaccines are just a form of mind-control! Not to mention they make you magnetic! I know this is true because I saw it on a guy's blog... the government is covering all this up because they want us all to be attracted to iron filings!

Googlers who still haven’t been vaccinated or granted an exemption by January 18 will face the consequences. First comes paid administrative leave for 30 days. If they still haven’t satisfied Google’s requirements during this time, they will be put on unpaid administrative leave for up to six months. Should the employees continue to refuse the vaccine or fail to receive exempt status, they will be fired.

FIRE THEM ALL.

The right wing magas have tried to kill everyone with their nasty covid19 infections, it's time to push them off the island. Approve googles requirements, wouldn't have been necessary had the morons is the USA gotten a CHILDS shot. Chicken f's.

Having grown up in an age that Polio was just being defeated and having visited a couple of those "iron lung" centers. Having visited more than a few 3rd world countries that were racked with smallpox, diphtheria, and God knows what else as well as survived an encounter with a village full of Ebola victims and escaping on nothing more than dumb luck; that anyone that chooses to risk their own life is welcome to it, but if you're coming out in public, working around people, or any other activity that puts those around you at risk you are fully qualified to be called an uncaring *****.

There are plenty of ways to die in this world without having it come from someone so selfish and/or stupid.

The good thing with this ridiculous witch hunt is that it will be probably remove any realistic chance of reelection for the democratic party
When elections are judged by minor differences in several states, alienating even a small portion of your electoral base can place you in the losing side for good.

The sad story is that in the EU this madness will probably last much longer.

FIRE THEM ALL.

The right wing magas have tried to kill everyone with their nasty covid19 infections, it's time to push them off the island. Approve googles requirements, wouldn't have been necessary had the morons is the USA gotten a CHILDS shot. Chicken f's.
Yeah, there's lots of MAGA chuds in right wing shitholes like new york...and san franciso....and huston.....and denver.

And EVERYONE knows there are TONS of republicans in israel. And berlin.

Grow up. You're not going to convince anyone by getting mad at the internet.

How could Google be so stupid! Don't they know the vaccines are nothing more than Bill Gates implanting us all with 5G chips made in China which allows Biden to raise gas prices on us? Tucker explained it all to us last night.

Yeah, there's lots of MAGA chuds in right wing shitholes like new york...and san franciso....and huston.....and denver.
"from the 1984 horror flick the acronym for Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dweller, C.H.U.D. is the worst insult you can dish out on social media. When you call someone a CHUD you're basically calling them a flurry of foul names"

FYI.

The problem here is that COVID vaccinations don't provide immunity

The immunization doesn't provide invulnerability, it was never promoted as 100% effective.

These vaccines DO - absolutely and positively, without a shadow of doubt WORK AS ADVERITZED. Persons saying otherwise are LYING.

Google is over stepping their authority, and they need to be checked.

Google has the power of the laws of the US behind them. The issue has mass so that weight is the /distinction that makes the difference/.

Also "omicron" is more mild than the common cold. We need to move on already.

Na, not so! Let that poster move on they want YOU to get sick.

Ppl with no immunization are getting sick and dying in the hostpials every single day. You do not want this disease, it will hurt you it will continue to kill us until WE BEAT IT BACK by stopping it's spread.

I'm a parent and a grandparent - myself, my children and my grandchildren are vaccinated for many types of virus, some of us simply WOULD NOT BE ALIVE if we had never had vaccines.

Don't be the fool who tests this, others have and they're no longer talking.

How could Google be so stupid! Don't they know the vaccines are nothing more than Bill Gates implanting us all with 5G chips made in China which allows Biden to raise gas prices on us? Tucker explained it all to us last night.
(y) (Y)

The immunization doesn't provide invulnerability, it was never promoted as 100% effective.

These vaccines DO - absolutely and positively, without a shadow of doubt WORK AS ADVERITZED. Persons saying otherwise are LYING.

Google has the power of the laws of the US behind them. The issue has mass so that weight is the /distinction that makes the difference/.

Na, not so! Let that poster move on they want YOU to get sick.

Ppl with no immunization are getting sick and dying in the hostpials every single day. You do not want this disease, it will hurt you it will continue to kill us until WE BEAT IT BACK by stopping it's spread.

I'm a parent and a grandparent - myself, my children and my grandchildren are vaccinated for many types of virus, some of us simply WOULD NOT BE ALIVE if we had never had vaccines.

Don't be the fool who tests this, others have and they're no longer talking.
(y) (Y)

giphy.gif

If you trust your immune system so much, GTFO from the health care system. We need those ICUs for people who actually can't help their situation, like cancer patients. Antivaxxers are very welcome to suffocate alone in their homes from this stupid disease if that's what they really want. If they don't want that, stop the drama about a friggin' pinprick like a true ignorant whiny problem child, get that f*cking shot and be done with it.
While we're at it, let's kick out all the fatties, smokers, and drinkers. One of the biggest killers is heart disease caused by obesity. Smokers and drinkers are more susceptible to various disease/cancers due to their life choices.

Let me guess, health care is a right until you disagree with the agenda de jour?

To me, when a company says I am doing “this”, because this is the government’s mandate, it is just BS, especially from a mega corporate like Google. These folks to me are never the law abiding or friendly folks. They will test the boundaries at any point in time and if they get caught, will buy their way out of the issue or just pay a fine which is a small change to them. So is it for the well being of their staff?
As to whether the vaccine helps us in the the long term, I think we can wait and see. “Studies” have shown it to benefit with no ill effects, but knowing big Pharma, those studies may be financially motivated. This is not uncommon practice and you can find such wrong doings many times in history. When there is so much fear and anxiety over the pandemic, it also provides the perfect opportunity to make money. So rushing a vaccine out is a do or die mission for the money.

While we're at it, let's kick out all the fatties, smokers, and drinkers. One of the biggest killers is heart disease caused by obesity. Smokers and drinkers are more susceptible to various disease/cancers due to their life choices.

Let me guess, health care is a right until you disagree with the agenda de jour?
Except those aren't contagious!!! If you don't want to get vaccinated, we don't mind as long as you stay at home and don't go near ANYONE!!

I understand people mistrust the regime that is making these mandates... that's why you really need to do some research - virtually all of the peer-reviewed studies show that vaccinations, masks, social distancing WORKS! Don't do it because the Democrats tell you... don't do it because Google tells you... do it BECAUSE IT WORKS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back