Google redirect virus, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have the google virus and been having it for a few days now. I did the 8 step removal process. Here are my logs.

Thank you in advance.
Lid

Attachments

• SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 01-27-2010 - 23-48-12.log
    6.4 KB · Views: 6
  • mbam-log-2010-01-26 (20-49-37).txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 5
  • hijackthis.log
    12.5 KB · Views: 4
I looked at your log and it seems you were infected with TDSS rootkit which is likely to cause search engine redirection. To ensure a clean PC I recommend you download Hitman Pro 3.5 and scan for the TDL3 rootkit (to ensure atapi.sys / iaStor.sys were not infected as well). If one of these .sys files are infected, deploy the free license in Hitman Pro to desinfect.

I happen to load "hitman Pro" and scan my computer and it detected "winpatrol" as a Trojan. What's up with that? I don't think Winpatrol is a Trojan. This program claims "Impossible to make false positives on important systems files thanks to "profiling" and whitelisting".

Any comments on why "hitman pro" did this?

I have downloaded the Hitman program from the link you have provided me. I've tried scanning my computer and it keeps telling me " no internet connection" when my internet is on. I've tried to see if maybe it was something to do withthe settings, but everything looks fine. What should I do now?

I tested google out ...it doesn't seem to redirect me anywhere. So yes, everything is good. Thank you so much

Run hijackthis again. When the results is shown, put a check in the box next to Bobbye's line, and fix or remove it

Gosh!

Step to delete popcaploader.dll :
- Click Start, Run, and enter cmd in the box and click OK. This opens a command prompt windows.
- Enter the following command lines each followed by the enter key

cd C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\
attrib -r -h -s popcaploader.dll
del popcaploader.dll

Exit

Very cool Bobbye thanks :) I won't be posting here any longer, so please work hard not to let the new posts go unchecked. Good luck, and thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back