Google Redirect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in the same boat as everyone else. Google searching everywhere else but where I need it to.
I have accomplished the following steps in the order listed and have posted the logs.
1.Ran Backlight
2.Ran CCleaner
3.Ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
4.Ran SuperAntiSpyware
5.Ran Hijack this
6.Ran ComboFix
7.Ran AVG

Here are the logs: I hope can find solution. I'll share a winning lotto ticket if I ever get one.....

looks like you have 2 anti-virus. that's gonna slowww your computer down a lot :S get rid of avg and keep avira. did you use sdfix as well? problems still arising?

thanks for the advice

I am getting rid of one, just downloaded it for this problem as it was advised in another post to do so.

The problem as of this morning was gone and it hasn't popped up. I did everything from a previous post that had the same problem and a few of mine own. I posted her then to see if you can see anything left behind or any other problem related to this. If not I thank your website for all the great help.

I assume you feel your choice on avira is better than avg. Less problems? Better program?

Thanks again,
Steve

Kido (aka Conf*cter

How do I know if my PC is infected?
If there are any infected computers on your LAN, the volume of network traffic will increase due to a network attack conducted by infected computers. Antivirus applications with an enabled firewall will report an Intrusion.Win.NETAPI.buffer-overflow.exploit attack.
If you suspect that your computer is infected, try to open your browser and navigate to your favorite search engine. If the page opens, try to open kaspersky microsoft – if the page does not open, then the site has probably been blocked by a malicious program.
REMOVAL
Download KKiller_v3.4.1.zip and unpack it to a separate folder on the infected PC. Run KKiller.exe. When the scan is finished, a command line window may still be open; simply press any key to close it.
If you are running KKiller.exe on a computer which has Agnitum Outpost Firewall installed, you should reboot the computer once the KKiller utility has finished running.
Recommendations for removing Kido are also available on the Kaspersky Lab technical support site.

if there's no problem then things should be alright. your combofix log looks clean. maybe you can try using sdfix to help as well but if everything is fine, then i guess your computer is clean :D

well if you look through past threads in this forums, the more experienced techspot members recommended to get rid of avg since it's performance is deteriorating and also having 2 anti-virus will just slow your computer down a lot. so avira or avast! is a better choice since it really blocks incoming threats and really helps clean your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back