Google Search results redirect me to random webpages

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazerix

Google search results redirect me to random webpages. This doesn't happen all the time though but it is getting annoying can someone please help me?

I forgot to attach my hijackthis log. I also tried to run combofix by renaming it to 123.com but it keeps saying that mcafee virusscan is still running and I can't disable mcafee virus scan because when I try to open up the security center it pops up for like 2 seconds and then closes even when windows starts up for some reason the security center icon is never in the bottom right. Can someone please help me??

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    14.5 KB · Views: 8
I uploaded 2 super anti spyware logs because I did a scan right after I posted my previous hijack this log and I just did a quick scan a while ago. I've also attached the new hijack this log as well as MBAM. Mcafee Security center still doesn't open.

Attachments

• mbam-log-2009-07-03 (23-38-51).txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 6
  • hijackthis.log
    20.3 KB · Views: 8
Ok. Uninstall Avira from add/remove programs in controlpanel.

Please download combofix here ->
ComboFix
Before Saving it to Desktop, please rename it to 321.com to stop malware from disabling it.

Now, please make sure no other programs are running, close all other windows.

Please double click on the file you downloaded. Follow the onscreen prompts to start the scan.
Once the scanning process has started please DO NOT click on the Combofix window or attempt to use your computer as this can cause the scanning process to stall.
It may take a while to complete scanning and this is normal.

You will be disconnected from the internet and your desktop icons/toolbars will disappear during scanning, do not worry, this is normal and it will be restored after
scanning has completed.

Combofix will create a logfile and display it after your computer has rebooted.
Usually located in c:\combofix.txt, please post it to your next reply

Thanks for replying. The problem is Mcafee security center won't open. So i can't disable mcafee viruscan. That also means combo fix won't run right?

Never mind I just uninstalled mcafee and then ran combofix. I'll attach the log now and then reinstall mcafee. Hopefully it will work now and google won't re direct anymore. Can you tell me if my log is clean?

Attachments

• ComboFix.txt
    30.8 KB · Views: 9
I don't seem to be getting redirected any more but can someone please tell me if combo fix did the job of removing that crap?

Sorry, seems I´ve missed you.

Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the codebox below into it:
Name the file as CFScript
and Save it on the desktop

Code:
Killall::
Snapshot::
File::
c:\windows\SEEC25E99.tmp
c:\windows\system32\94948ED905.sys
Folder::
c:\program files\DNA
c:\docume~1\Jagu\APPLIC~1\DNA
c:\docume~1\Jagu\APPLIC~1\uTorrent

CFScriptB-4.gif

Once saved, refering to the picture above, drag CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe.

Combofix will create a logfile and display it after your computer has rebooted. Usually located in c:\combofix.txt, please attach it to your next reply along with fresh hijackthis log.

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

I have/had a similar problem, maybe I can help out. (Nothing professional, though.)

Go to C\Windows\System32 >

Make it so you get a detailed list, then click on DateModified

Look for the time when you got the problem.

If you see anything like this:

uacbbr.dll
UAClbvxdmdulkrsjgrovo.dll

(Basically anthing starting with uac)

Then you probably have the same thing as me. I found that deleting some of these files stopped the search engine redirect, though I could not remove all of them.

---

Besides that, while surfing for that uacbbr thing, I found this program called "Prevx". It allows you to scan your pc for malware and found amongst other things, the UAC stuff, which my McAfee doesn't pick up. Maybe that program can help you.

(Actually removing stuff isn't free, but at least it could help you identify malware.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back