Got GPU? Ryzen 5000G Zen 3 APUs with Radeon graphics are now official

jsilva

What just happened? AMD has confirmed today that new Ryzen desktop APUs featuring Zen 3 cores and Vega integrated graphics are joining the fray. Ranging from 4 to 8 cores, clocked up to 4.6GHz, and available with 35W and 65W TDPs, AMD claims Ryzen 5000G APUs are considerably faster than 10th-gen Core equivalents, but wait, 11th-gen Rocket Lake-S are readily available with faster integrated graphics anyway.

Codenamed "Cezanne," the Ryzen 5000G series is divided into 65W and 35W (GE) variants. The Ryzen 5000G series comprises the 4C/8T 5300G/GE, the 6C/12T 5600G/GE, and the 8C/16T 5700G/GE. Based on the AM4 platform, all Ryzen 5000G processors support PCIe 3.0 interfaces and DDR4-3200 memory.

The iGPUs use the same architecture as their predecessors, but the 19% generational uplift from the Zen 3 cores brings a significant performance improvement in selected workloads, particularly single-threaded tasks.

Also read: 4 Years of Ryzen 5, CPU & GPU Scaling Benchmark

Model Cores/Threads Base/Boost Clock GPU Cores GPU Frequency TDP Cache
Ryzen 7 5700G 8/16 3.8/4.6 GHz 8 2100 MHz 65W 20 MB
Ryzen 7 5700GE 8/16 3.2/4.6 GHz 8 2000 MHz 35W 20 MB
Ryzen 5 5600G 6/12 3.9/4.4 GHz 7 1900 MHz 65W 19 MB
Ryzen 5 5600GE 6/12 3.4/4.4 GHz 7 1900 MHz 35W 19 MB
Ryzen 3 5300G 4/8 4.0/4.2 GHz 6 1700 MHz 65W 10 MB
Ryzen 3 5300GE 4/8 3.6/4.1 GHz 6 1700 MHz 35W 10 MB

Do note how AMD is comparing the Ryzen 5000G APUs with Intel 10th-gen Core series, instead of the recently released Rocket Lake-S processors, which feature much faster Xe-based integrated graphics.

The next generation of Ryzen desktop APUs is led by the Ryzen 7 5700G, which is on average 38% faster in content creation, 35% faster in productivity, and 80% faster in computing performance compared to the Intel Core i7-10700, according to AMD.

In gaming, the Ryzen 5700G also outperforms the Core i7-10700 primarily due to its superior iGPU. On average, it offers about 2.17x the gaming performance of the Comet Lake-S i7 processor. It'd be nice to see how Xe does in comparison.

The Ryzen 5 5600G and the Ryzen 3 5300G as expected perform very well in productivity tasks, as we've seen in our reviews (sans-graphics, of course) as they're essentially the same chips.

With shortages, the iGPU of the Ryzen 5000G series would be very welcome for the DIY PC market, but just like the previous G SKUs, they will only be available for OEMs initially. If you're thinking about getting one for a build, you'll have to buy a pre-built PC or wait longer for them to appear in the retail channel.

Permalink to story.

I'm disappointed that they're not even releasing the 5300g to the public. I am honestly torn between hunting down one of these on ebay vs just getting like an 11400 instead because right now I need integrated graphics and AMD just doesn't wants my money.

I'm disappointed that they're not even releasing the 5300g to the public. I am honestly torn between hunting down one of these on ebay vs just getting like an 11400 instead because right now I need integrated graphics and AMD just doesn't wants my money.
I agree its disappointing. But I guess they won't have enough chips to go around in the first place. So even if they release it to retail, you will end up with either no stock, or inflated price due to scalping.

I agree its disappointing. But I guess they won't have enough chips to go around in the first place. So even if they release it to retail, you will end up with either no stock, or inflated price due to scalping.

Maybe but I just don't think they care enough: they could have released the previous gen (4X50g) APUs to the public for months now and never did: those are extremely easy to find on ebay they're very plentiful but AMD just doesn't wants retail sales for them even if they had enough supply of them.

I think it's a situation where they're really optimistic about suddenly selling a ton of those chips to system integrators but I just don't think that's going to happen as fast as they're preparing to.

Ultimately fair is fair: if Intel can put an igpu on every single sku they release to retail then that's the standard and AMD should be measured against it, just like we measure intel's crappy performance and temps against the better AMD baseline.

Maybe but I just don't think they care enough: they could have released the previous gen (4X50g) APUs to the public for months now and never did: those are extremely easy to find on ebay they're very plentiful but AMD just doesn't wants retail sales for them even if they had enough supply of them.

I think it's a situation where they're really optimistic about suddenly selling a ton of those chips to system integrators but I just don't think that's going to happen as fast as they're preparing to.

Ultimately fair is fair: if Intel can put an igpu on every single sku they release to retail then that's the standard and AMD should be measured against it, just like we measure intel's crappy performance and temps against the better AMD baseline.
My guess is that AMD recognize that most of those who build their own computer, are going to use a video card as well. But on the other hand, they could release a few G chips to those who are building without.

My guess is that AMD recognize that most of those who build their own computer, are going to use a video card as well. But on the other hand, they could release a few G chips to those who are building without.

I mostly build my own PCs because I like choosing all my own parts and it's a little bit cheaper than buying an OEM system. I love having the iGPU for older video games. Vega 8 has been sufficient. And with the price of discrete videocards right now those APUs should sell like hotcakes if the prices aren't artificially inflated when they do finally get here.

Why would anyone need PCIe 4.0 on a "budget" CPU?
Because PCIe 4.0 SSD-s are very cheap now, and the speed improvement makes a big difference. For example, you can buy Sabrent 500GB PCIe 4.0 SSD on Amazon for just $89. It is still very much a budget component, while PCIe 4.0 gives it a 5GB/s read speed.

Because PCIe 4.0 SSD-s are very cheap now, and the speed improvement makes a big difference. For example, you can buy Sabrent 500GB PCIe 4.0 SSD on Amazon for just $89. It is still very much a budget component, while PCIe 4.0 gives it a 5GB/s read speed.
"big difference"

Please show a benchmark showing ANY real world consumer application benefiting from PCIe 4.0. Even the move from sata SSDs to first gen NVMe shows little to no improvement for games or browsers.
Enthusiasts have spent the last decade whining like toddlers about intel's inclusion of an iGPU "We DoNt NeEd A iGpU, iT sHoUlDnT bE oN aN eNtHuSiAsT pRoDuCt". The mainstream ryzen rpoducts are aimed sqaurely at these individuals, who dont want nor need an iGPU, and will let you know about it.

Ryzen is arguably an HDET style CPU, and intel's HDET dont have iGPUs either. Fair's fair, if AMD is competing with intel's HDET then it should be compared to them, not the consumer line.

iGPU "We DoNt NeEd A iGpU, iT sHoUlDnT bE oN aN eNtHuSiAsT pRoDuCt". The mainstream ryzen rpoducts are aimed sqaurely at these individuals, who dont want nor need an iGPU, and will let you know about it.

There's a lot to unpack here. Most of the time the complain isn't that you get integrated graphics at all, it's more specific: it's that they're so weak as to be almost as good as useless for gaming.

While this is true, it's only half the story: "gamers" were sick of intel giving only the very low end version of their integrated graphics. AMD APUs however have been a very different story: they actually can effectively replace some of the entry level GPUs (Think 1030, 710 Geforce MX and the many other names Nvidia calls their entry level GPU)

Now once you jump into the 150 to 200 USD GPU then not even an AMD APU competes (Or intel iris variants which are solid in performance but still suffer too much in the driver department) then there's always a need for dedicated. But even then we know things like multiple monitor set ups, GPU pass-through set ups and video encoding for game streaming all benefit from the integrated graphics still.

I get that the enthusiast gamers can be the loudest and most annoying group of purchasers, but honestly I am not going to stop mentioning the usefulness of integrated graphics just because they're loud and obnoxious: there are more customers looking into building PCs than just the stupid gamers that always go for high end stuff.

Last edited:
Back