GPU buzzing / whining at very high fps

Filip B

Hey guys I've got a problem. My GPU GTX780 GHz is making a buzzing / whining sound at very high fps and I mean 300+. I tried to google it but most buzzing seems to be made by PSU however PSU has nothing to do with fps. And I assume that the power consumption is roughly the same when playing Crysis 3 120 fps or Dead Space 2 400+ fps.
Yes I know I could use v-sync but sometime it causes noticeable input lag.

Is it normal? Safe for the GPU? Does it go away?

Thanks for info

What is you PSU make and model? When was the last time you cleaned your system out (physically powering down, opening the case and removing all the dust - especially on all the fans)? Do you monitor your internal temps when you game - if so what are they when you game? Have you overclocked anything?

What is you PSU make and model? When was the last time you cleaned your system out (physically powering down, opening the case and removing all the dust - especially on all the fans)? Do you monitor your internal temps when you game - if so what are they when you game? Have you overclocked anything?

My PSU is Seasonic SPP-750RT 750W. It's a fairly new rig and I do clean it very often plus my Noctua fans keep almost all dust outside. Temps are fine. Crysis 3 ultra between 60-70C and I also mentioned Dead Space 2 so with vsync roughly around 50C without vsync hitting almost 70C. ATM nothing is OC'ed.

I don't suppose that it has anything to do with PSU or high load it must be something with the frame rate.

Back