GPU Clocking questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiders

I recently won a ATI Radeon card, see specs~ and was wondering about clocking, it is my first card that is able to do any of this (old card was a PCI ati radeon 9250) so it had none of these options, it says its gpu clock speed is 750mhz, well the core clock?? cant remember if that is the other clock, runs at 900mhz, though at the moment it sits and gpu clock 570mhz and 900mhz core clock, is the gpu clock underclocked? can it safely run up to 750mhz since it says that is what the clock speed is? i havent had the need to clock past 570gpu speed yet, running CoH:ToV full settings quite well, was just wondering if it is ok to run it that high? and if it puts more strain on the psu to the point where it cant handle it?

how do you know it runs @ 570mhz? No its you can run at any settings you want. What PSU are you using?

it says its gpu clock speed is 750mhz, well the core clock?? cant remember if that is the other clock, runs at 900mhz, though at the moment it sits and gpu clock 570mhz and 900mhz core clock, is the gpu clock underclocked? can it safely run up to 750mhz since it says that is what the clock speed is? i havent had the need to clock past 570gpu speed yet, running CoH:ToV full settings quite well, was just wondering if it is ok to run it that high? and if it puts more strain on the psu to the point where it cant handle it?
The 4870 default speed is 750 mhz, how do you figure its running at 570 mhz?

Becuase that what the slider is set at in the ATI Overdrive settings, was at 500, and i dont know what the PSU is becuase it was custom built so its unlabeled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back