Graphics Card How Good Does My System Need To Be?

My System Specs

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer MSI
System Model MS-7641
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD FX(tm)-4170 Quad-Core Processor, 4200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V17.10, 10/08/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.98 GB
Available Physical Memory 4.32 GB
Total Virtual Memory 16.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 11.4 GB
Page File Space 7.98 GB

I would like to get this graphics card http://www.dabs.com/products/asus-g...rage - Graphics, TV Tuners and I/O - Graphics will my system be able to handle this?

While it can handle it, it will be greatly bottlenecked by the CPU. Also, we need to make sure your PSU can handle it, so if you can post your full system specs including the PSU, HDD, motherboard,etc., that would great.

You can probably upgrade the CPU to an 8350 since it uses the same socket. But you may need to apply a BIOS update. BUT, before we get ahead of ourselves, please post full system specs like said above. Thanks.

My System Specs

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer MSI
System Model MS-7641
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD FX(tm)-4170 Quad-Core Processor, 4200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V17.10, 10/08/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.98 GB
Available Physical Memory 4.32 GB
Total Virtual Memory 16.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 11.4 GB
Page File Space 7.98 GB

I would like to get this graphics card http://www.dabs.com/products/asus-geforce-gtx-titan-black-6gb-pci-express-3-0-hdmi-992F.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc product search&utm_campaign=Components and Storage - Graphics, TV Tuners and I/O - Graphics will my system be able to handle this?
I would not waste the money on that card because unless you doing some level of professional work I would say your money would be wasted. I would suggest saving a buck and grabbing either an R9 290X or a GTX 780 which both would be excellent and provide more than enough performance for your needs based on the rest of your system.

I would not waste the money on that card because unless you doing some level of professional work I would say your money would be wasted. I would suggest saving a buck and grabbing either an R9 290X or a GTX 780 which both would be excellent and provide more than enough performance for your needs based on the rest of your system.
Yeah I was gonna say that but first we need to determine what PSU he has and he needs an upgraded CPU since it will bottleneck.

I understand what you mean GhostRyder but will that graphics card with my system ultimately be able to run Battlefield 4 Ultra settings?

I understand what you mean GhostRyder but will that graphics card with my system ultimately be able to run Battlefield 4 Ultra settings?
BF4 Ultra? Well your processor is a bit on the low side but you would be able to run BF4 ultra settings just do not expect constant 60FPS.

CPU will bottleneck the hell out of that card. Don't be stupid. It's less powerful than an i3.

Titan/z is a compute card you should look into the gtx780Ti, it's a ton cheaper gives the same performance and takes only a little power.

Unfortunately for you BF4 does tend to use up CPU actually.

Well thanks for the nice and polite response. (n)
Yeah, sorry, there wasnt much reason for me to be so rude.

You're about to plonk down 800 pound on a GPU. You need to reduce that amount, then increase the total amount and plonk down some money on a better CPU too.

Back