Graphics card installation help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a new graphic card (ATI Radeon HD4350 Series), I installed it but I think I forgot something.
When I opened my computer, you have those 3 strips, 1 black, 2 white. The black one is where you put your graphic card, right? Well, there was another thing on one of the 2 white plugins. Is that a graphic card and was I supposed to remove it?

Another problem is, when I did put my graphic card in and update my drivers, my sound all of the sudden stopped working. I don't think I have a sound card unless the card on the white plugin is it, but other than that the device manager lists
-Audio Codecs
-Legacy Audio Drivers
-Legacy Video Capture Devices
-Media Control Devices
-USB Audio Devices
-Video Codecs

than when I check Control Panel > Sounds and Audio, it says I have nothing connected.
I normally use my Insignia Speakers which are correctly plugged in etc.
Blah, I'm not a computer wiz!
Thanks to anyone who helps.

Did you have a graphics card before, or were graphics integrated (part of the motherboard)? I assume by you saying you updated the drivers, your computer recoginized that you installed the card? Or did you possibly update drivers for integrated graphics & sound?

This card plugged into the white slot...is there a cable from your monitor to that card? Do you know what model your motherboard is?

We need more information regarding your system to be able to provide any useful solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back