Graphics card or pci-e slot is broken?

Hello, I got this error here, with yellow/orange vertical lines while I was playing Arma 3, when I did not played anythng, the computer worked ok, then after I booted arma, I played like maximum 5 to 7 minutes and then I got this yellow and long beeep error (Like it would have been blue screen error but it was yellow with vertical lines) and so I tryed to restart.. but nothing, the monitor is black, I hear everything booting up but nothing happens.. even the gpu coolers works.. so I started to follow the elimination tactic.. I tried to pull out hard drives to see if someone does not work, I tried to pull out and install back again the rams after I blowed a bit the small dust, still nothing, then I tryed to take out the vga cable from grahpic card and put it in the motherboard, still did not work, then I pulled out the graphic card from its socket and tried to but up the PC and it WORKED, with graphic card in, it does not bot, with graphic card out it boots normally, I have a Radeon R9 270x 2gb from Gigabye !! is the graphic card caput? should I buy another one? Or maybe the slot is broken? I even tryed uninstall the drivers and put the card in to see if it starts to boot at least.. I hear everything booting up but monitor black... it might be the pci-e slot? Or graphic card?

Try to find someone with another radeon card you can test out to see if it still happens. if you heard an actual beeping noise coming from your computer then it's most likely your motherboard/gfx slot

Hi,

Unfortunately it could be ether the port or the card. You will need another pc / gfx card so you can fully test. But I suspect from what you have said it is more likely the gfx card is the issue. Have you tryed the card in another PCIe port on your MB? If the problem follows when testing in a different PCIe port then that points to the GFX card again. Also if it has PCIe power you might want to check the cables.

Another thing you can try. Reset you CMOS / take your MB battery out for a few mins. Some MB can have issue with gfx cards especially when changing them from AMD to nvidia and the like. It would be worth a try to reset the bios. Just make shore if you have any overclocking settings / other Bios setting to wright them down as they will be lost after clearing the CMOS.

Cheers,
DrDoomsLab.

Back