Grinding noise from speakers help

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenix87

hi friends

everything was fine .. i reinstalled firefox3.00 for some internet purpose now internet was ok.. but when i restarted Firefox again after a reboot it noted me that "Firefox not able to start sorry for the inconvenience" .and the i noticed some kind of grinding noice from my system..

so i checked my cabinet all was fine and finally noticed that the noise was from the speakers...

and i noticed the noise was associated with the hdd data reading which was indicated by the hdd light on the cabinet..

i thought this is the problem of firefox so i reinstalled to the latest firefox the problem still continues...

other things i noticed along with this problem is that

the windows boot up time is long than wat it was before the problem.. but after boot up everything is fine except for the grinding noise from speakers..

i test my system with directx diagnostic tool ..everything is fine

i suspected my hdd and made a long test with seatool hdd test tool everything was fine
i have smart enabled on my hdd

there is this cricking noise along with the audio which is also distrubing my adio and video play back

i am confused wat might be the problem.. that noise is disturbing the regular sound pattern of my system

i tested my speakers with external devices the sound was crystal clear

my sys config is
c2d 1.86
intel 946mobo
3gb ram
160 sata hdd
nvidia xfx 8400gs overclocked rivatuner
creative 5.1 speakers

plaese help me

when a card goes bad sometimes it doesnt properly filter out noise. if they play fine on like an mp3 player or another computer you may want to look at replacing the card. theyre cheap enough now

i dont hav a sound card the sound is on board sound

is this sound related to the hdd?

does this happens due to any system file corruption or virus?

in the order you asked the questions....

1.same thing onboard or not does not matter

2. the sound could be feedback from any one or more of the internal components

3. not usually and from what you described probably not in this case

this is strange...

i cleaned my system and brushed out all the dust inside and changed hdd port

all a sudden it looked like everything was ok

i got a regular boot up speed and good data moving speed in my drives .
but after 5 min the system changed back to the faulty state

my system is crawling now . the data coping speed is 4 mb/s now..

on regular state it is about 29mb/s

i dont know wat is happening inside... could it be the SMPS problem?

had anyone faced this kind of problem??

Possibly a mechanical error because it seems to have fixed itself for a short period after cleaning and changing ports, thought its strange for it to go back.

Im no expert but maybe you should try cleaning out dust you missed before, changing ports, and if that fixes your problem (even for a short time), then we can assume were dealing with a physical failure and not a software problem.

If you have a spare HDD, or can borrow one, it would be great to try that, DO NOT USE A FORGIEN HDD AS A BOOTUP DEVICE, you will want to make sure your computer boots on your normal drive, then test out the new drive and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back