GT 750 M causing terrible glitching(?)

Hello.

I have an MSI GE60 2OC Laptop of nearly 3 years and recently I've been having graphics trouble while playing games. It started a few weeks ago in Team Fortress 2 with Lines and polygons flickering around the screen for milliseconds. I tried updating drivers and the problem disappeared. Today the problem returned when playing PlayerUnknowns Battleground. I went deeper in to uninstalling drivers and trying different versions to no avail. I also discovered that the same glitching was showing in Nvidia Control Panel. Maybe some of you can tell me if this is the last breaths of my GPU or if it is a settings/driver issue?

Thank you.

PS: Please disregard the Norwegian text in the controlpanel image :)

Bonus question: Is the GT 750 M in MSI laptops replaceable or soldered to the motherboard? Much thanks

Attachments

• Controlpanel.JPG
    Controlpanel.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 0
Hi,

I've seen similar issues regarding polygons stretching to infinity and flickering, similar to what your screencap shows. They are fixed by updating the BIOS (yes the BIOS as well) and related drivers. MSI's webpage seems to provide download links in their support section.

If all that could be done is done, perhaps contact MSI support directly, they should know better than I do.

Oh and, judging by the pictures of opened GE20 2OC, the 750M is soldered onto the motherboard:
https://us.hardware.info/product/188537/msi-ge60-2oc-015nl/photos

Good luck!

Back