GTX 275 No Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I've got a brand new GTX 275. Just installed it into a Asus P5N-E SLI and I've got no video, period. I don't think I have any sound either, as the computer boots up, but I can't hear and Windows boot/log in sounds. At least, I think it makes it to Windows. Any ideas? I've got the power cables plugged in properly, as it has power just like everything else. Power supply is 750 watts. As far as the card being seated properly, I've checked out both PCI-E slots, and used both DVI ports on each slot. Any ideas at all?

BTW, I called PNY this morning and asked them about my issue. Only thing they told me was it wasn't the video card. No explanation, nothing.

It sounds like you already covered everything..

The card should be plugged in to your x16 pcie slot, and either dvi out will do.
Do you have BOTH of the x6 pin power connectors plugged in?
Check for any dust or obstructions in your pcie slot?
Did you have a graphics card installed before this one? or is this a new build?

Im sorry if im repeating stuff you have done several times already,

As a last resort you can try it in a friends pc.

Yeah, it's a new build, and everything seems to check out ok. I've got a friends at work that said he'll bring an older card of his to work tomorrow for me to check the rest of the build out. If it works, then it's the VC. Either way, it's going back to newegg. I'm replacing it with a BFG GTX 275 I think. PNY's customer service is terrible, and I'd rather not have to deal with them again. I just really wanted to see if I was overlooking something that a more experienced builder would recognize. If you've got anymore ideas, feel free to throw them out.

PNY told me to check my BIOS settings, sometimes that an issue I guess. Apparently he didn't pay me any attention when I said there was no video. I'd check out the VC itself in my other computer, but it's an AMD chip as is the other computer in my house.

Quote "I'd check out the VC itself in my other computer, but it's an AMD chip as is the other computer in my house."

The amd processor will work fine aswell if you want to try it.

I highly recommend BFG tech for their customer support, Plus a lifetime warranty in the us, and 10 years everywhere else, its hard to knock them :)

Go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager and look for red and yellow flags. Those flags will suggest you have an incorrect driver or other issues that need to be corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back