Guys my AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT reaches 75 c under full load using Intel Burn test, is this normal? before I had an FX 8320 and it never reached 60 c

Hi guys I have an AMD ryzen 9 3900XT, Gigabyte Aorus x570 Pro Wifi, DeepCool 360 mm Castle AIO, my Ryzen 9 3900XT under full load are 75 c using Intel Burn Test, is this normal? I'm new to this Ryzen series of CPU, what are your temps? what are the full load temps of the normal Ryzen 9 3900X? please answer! My bios settings are left on AUTO with only XMP enabled and PBO set to AUTO, using Gskill 3600 Mhz Ram. 😰🙏🙏🙏😥😪

That seems about right for a Ryzen 9 3900XT. Here's what Steve got with the standard 3900X on a stock cooler and AIO:

Temps-p.webp

But its a 280 mm cooler, I'm using a massive 360 mm which used so much space on my chassis that I cannot fit a 3 fan GPU, I except temps to be lower on a 360 mm cooler, please reply breda, respect, give thanks!

TechPowerUp reviewed that particular cooler last year:

Under heavy load with a slightly overclocked Intel Core i7-8700K (6 cores, 12 threads, 4.8 GHz), the test CPU reached 89 degrees C, so to be getting 75 degrees C on a 12 core, 24 thread, 4.7 GHz CPU is absolutely fine.

Also note TechPowerUp's results with the Corsair H115i AIO - it performed a little bit better than the DeepCool model in their tests, and that's the same one that Steve used in his 3900X review. Bigger radiators don't automatically mean better cooling.

TechPowerUp reviewed that particular cooler last year:

Under heavy load with a slightly overclocked Intel Core i7-8700K (6 cores, 12 threads, 4.8 GHz), the test CPU reached 89 degrees C, so to be getting 75 degrees C on a 12 core, 24 thread, 4.7 GHz CPU is absolutely fine.

Also note TechPowerUp's results with the Corsair H115i AIO - it performed a little bit better than the DeepCool model in their tests, and that's the same one that Steve used in his 3900X review. Bigger radiators don't automatically mean better cooling.
You're right I've done some research and you're right but I'm running stock settings with only XMP enabled, it's not 4.7 GHz but when I play games the boost only hits 4.3 GHz not the advertised 4.7 GHz why? Respect Breda. 👍🏿

Back