Had to restart a few times to get it work

xbrynerx

hey guys!
getting damn pissed off on my Acer desktop i bought last dec.
I had the acer Technion to came over and repair for me few months ago as it keeps freezing and restarting on its own. then he repaired by updating the BIOS and dusting off the cpu fan. so recently im having the similar problems again. im always getting Freezing screen or when its starting up then the screen freeze,
i had to manually hold the power button to force restart it a few times before it will work normally again.
any experts can help me out here?
thanks

My mom's HP had the same issues only Staples techs failed to remove the dust from the PC and especially cpu even though they claimed they had -- in writing.

Once I used a can of compressed air on it and cleaned out the cpu it runs fine. Check to see if there is anymore dust build up.

Also, check to see if your fans are running icluding your video card. Check to see if your vents are clean.

yeah i checked it. and even trying dusting it off. but still having the same prob.im so stressed up. what should i do?

What is the make and model of your power supply? How much wattage does it claim to supply? Do you have any friends with some tech knowledge that can test your psu with a multimeter?

I take it this power supply came with your computer case? Can you tell us the make of the psus and purported wattage it claims to put out?

Open up your case, find your powersupply, and look at the sticker on your psu. It should give you all the information you need.

this is what i found. max wattage 450w DCoutput 135w max 360Wmax
Ac input:100-127/226-240v-,1015A,60/50HZ
Peak wattage 500w.
Just now i had different problems. had to restart a few times because "blue" screen with error came out saying disable bios memory option caching or shadowing and ect..

which one is the make for my power supply?? how do i get the minidumps file? sorry im lousy in computer stuff

No need to be sorry.

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

theres only one minidump files. i tried to attach it but it says i dont have permission to open this file. even though im using the administrator account

Back