Half Life 2 and a few other name games Crash during play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Specs
_______
2.0 GHz AMD Athlon XP
512 DDR PC2700 RAM (Ordered 2 sticks of 512 PC3200 RAM off Newegg to Upgrade My RAM)
Geforce 6800 (Unlocked Pipelines)
Windows XP

This is a very serious problem and its getting on my nerves. This started happening after I got my videocard and then I formatted my one and only C: harddrive.

I upgraded from a Radeon 9600, and I reformatted after I got my new videocard for a clean start. None of my PC parts are overclocked. The only adjustment made is to my videocard, which I unlocked 4 pipelines (12 to 16). But with them unlocked or without them unlocked, the problem persists. The problem also exists for every driver I tryed.

It can't be the power supply because It's a complete new 350 W with everything correctly plugged in. I even reconfigured it twice. And Yes, this power supply is good enough to support my card and peripherals.

Here are games i've discovered not to work and restart a minute into play or restart as soon as it starts:

Thief : Deadly Shadows (Rarely)
Metal Of Honor : Pacific Assault (Uncommonly)
Half Life 2 And Other Source Based Games (Counter Strike Source restarts, but its not as common as it is for the others).

Here are Games I played lately that run fine and don't restart :

Farcry
Farcry "The Project" Demo
Doom 3
Splinter Cell : Pandora Tomorrow
Halo

I don't know whats causing this problem, it would help enough if someone identified it atleast so I could solve it myself.

This is a very serious problem and its extremely frustrating. I really want to play Half Life 2 and Counter Strike!

HL2 crash

I had the same problem with my 6800 ulta oc. I went to scan computers (they make the cobra sli) I was told to turn down the core speed. I used power strip and brought the speed down to 412 when it was set at 425. I also droped the memory speed so they were at the same level. This worked for me and the game is still quick. Hope this works for u.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back