Harddrive crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
please help. my computer crushed after running some anti-virus program. it could not go to safe mode. when i tried to boot, it shows the message "disk boot failture, insert system disk and press enter". i tried the windows xp recoverary disk (CD version), it goes to the blue screen, but when asking it to repair, it does not go to windows lisence agreement page.

the Bios pages shows the primary master as "TSSTtcorpCD/DVDW SH-W", primary slave as "HL-DT-ST CD-ROM GCR", and none for secondary master and secondary slave. does it mean that the system does not recognize the harddrive at all?

NOD32 is an excellent antivirus. It is a Tier 1 software. I have it on my main rig. Were you having issues prior to running this antivirus? What was the reason for your scanning?

Please give us all your security software that you have installed on this system. Also, can you load to your main screen at all? If so then...

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

we had the computer for ages but just got internet. there were some problem using the internet, so we got a guy to come and have a look. he put in this East Nod and said that sometimes internet does not work because there were already virus inside. it ran and found lots of problems. then suddently we just can't boot anymore. there was a stage that we can still get in safe mode, but after that, it will never pass the black screen asking for system disk.

East Nod is the only security software we ever installed in the system. and since we can't load to the main screen, don't really know how to get to the minidump files.

we still have data on the harddrive and it was not partitioned, what we are trying to do now is to recover the data, but how can we do that if the harddrive can't be recognized?

The best advice I can give you is to go to our Virus and Malware Removal forum and read the updated 8 Step sticky. The normal chain of events is to follow the instructions step by step and then post with the required logs.

But your situation is a little different. I would still post there but make sure your title is a definitive one like: Viruses but Can't Find Harddrive to Run 8 Step Directions.

Tell them the background of the system, that viruses were present, that you ran ESET's NOD32 and what it found, etc.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back