Has NVidia Stopped producing Ti 4200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amitad

Hi Guys,
I keep on posting Q's on this forum bcos I get VERY prompt replys.Thank u all.
Any way here is my latest Q.
Has Nvidia stopped producing the Ti 4200?.
The retailer from whome I usually buy P.C components (btw I stay in India)said that FX 5600 is better than Ti 4200 and that NVidia has stopped Ti to push FX'x.Is that true?
I went to his shop for a Ti 4200 but he said that they have been discontinued.
I think he is only saying this to push his FX stock.
From what u guys say Ti 4200 in spite of being less advanced that Fx still manages to beat Fx 5600 in almost all tests.
What do u suggest.?Should I wait for a couple of months for a Ti?
I have GF 2 Mx 400 and REALLY want to play POP-SoT .
Can u suggest a cheaper (budget) alternative card which will be good enough to play this game?

Yes they have stopped producing the 4200, as well as all the GF4 cards ( even the AGP 8x versions ).

I too was also wondering about this. Newegg has been carying less and less GeForce 4 Ti4200 cards over time.

They are like the best, affordable performing cards ever...

Even if they have discontinued producing them it doesn't mean you can't buy them, you just have to go to another store...

Make some calls to other computer shops and see if they have anything left...

On another note, how long do you plan to use the card?
As you pointed out, the Ti4200 doesnt' support DX9, and thus you'll be limiting how long the card will be a good performer.

Maybe take a look at what else is on the market (read some reviews) and see if you can't find something better in your pricerange. (The Radeon 9600 XT should be in the same pricerange afaik and it'd give you much better performance than the other cards...)

How about Fx 5600 non-ultra?Is it good enough for half-Life-2,Doom-3,,Far Cry?
No, nothing in the 5600 range is worth buying. The Ti4200 is a far better card. If you want DX9 power on a resonable budget get a 5700Ultra, they outperform everything in their price range. However, if you can afford the extra £'s or $'s etc then buy a 5900XT, they overclock nicely (to 5950 ultra levels).
Hope that helps.

Steg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back